"Electronics don't work when it rains" but it's not raining

by LaPond

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GT] DJ booths at dance parties are unusable

★★★★★ Apprentice
Same issue for me. Sim got invited to one part to the ruins and it happened to be raining, so no dance party. All the sims were smothering the poor bartender and socializing. DJ booth was broken so went home. Few days later got invited and went to the ruins yet again. It wasn't raining, yet the DJ booth was still 'broken'. DJ had spawned in, but couldn't do anything. I had to place a DJ booth on the small usebale lot there and the DJ went right for it. The one that usually spawns is just forever broken apparently when it breaks in the rain once as there's no option to repair it at all and it doesn't show it broken.

In the Chalat party invites the DJ booth doesn't stay broken. Actually it fixes itself when it stops raining. So dunno what the problem is in the bluffs.
Message 11 of 49 (2,816 Views)

★ Guide

I still have this problem, Dj star cant play on the dj booth and then party not work ..

Message 12 of 49 (2,768 Views)

★ Pro

I've stopped accepting invites to the ruins or chalet because neither the DJ not my Sims seem able to use the DJ booth no mater the weather. At first I solved this by giving my Sims portable stereos, but that only woks if the weather is nice.

Message 13 of 49 (2,737 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I've seen this issue at the Ancient Ruins in my latest game save. It irritated me enough after multiple visits/parties that I freebuilded next to the party area with a lot I found on the gallery that suits the area. The booth used to work fine before the patch at the time of the post about this error. ~shrugs~ IDK what happened.
Oh, and as far as I've seen, the booth and bar at the Chalet and bluffs areas have been working for me (so far--knock on wood). Personally, I filed this under "things that make me go hmmmmmmmmm". :D

Message 14 of 49 (2,710 Views)

"Electronics don't work when it rains" but it's not raining

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get Together, Strangerville, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Strangerville, SPA day, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Movie Hangout.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By attending a party in an outside area while it's raining, I guess
What happens when the bug occurs? The DJ cannot use the console even if it's not raining
What do you expect to see? When the weather is good, the DJ should be able to use the console
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

I sent my sim to a party at the Bluffs, the weather was nice initially but then it started raining, the party went on with no problems. After that, everytime I accept an invitation to a party there, the DJ cannot use the console as I get the "electronics don't work when it rains" message even if it's not actually raining outside. What should I do to fix this issue?

Message 15 of 49 (2,748 Views)

Re: "Electronics don't work when it rains" but it's not raining

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Its just a annoying seasonal bug, which aggervates me. The won't fix it because everything is working as intended for both GTW and Seasons, and City Living Geek Festivals apparently is broke when it rains.

Edit: it works as intended and just a conflict between the competing EP which is normal and not really considered a bug.

Message 16 of 49 (2,737 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Sid1701d9 : Has any SimGuru actually said that it's meant to be that way in San Myshuno, though? That sounds...wrong. (Feedback Forum time if it's true, I suppose!)

@LaPond : Since you use Mods, try removing them temporarily, delete localthumbcache.package in your Sims 4 folder, Repair the game in Origin, and try again? (Only reports from vanilla games count here, which is fair since I know that Mods have been found to be the cause of certain bugs in the past.)

Message 17 of 49 (2,729 Views)

★★★★ Guide
What is wrong when it starts raining on its own in some worlds its still Sunny and may be raining lightly to begin with and don't notice it.
Message 18 of 49 (2,715 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Does it only occur on the buff at every party or on other lots too ? If you place other electronics there, do they have the same issue if it's not raining ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 49 (2,696 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Sid1701d9 : Hmm, I never knew that (I still don't have Seasons yet). That actually does make sense. Standard smile (Also, it's possible in real life for there to be light rain when the sun is shining, too.)

Maybe they should make it more obvious it's happening, then? Thinking

Message 20 of 49 (2,682 Views)