by leozabotto

Original Post

[OPEN] [GT] DJ Feel the Crowd and Get Hyped unavailable for custom mixes

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Parenthood, Dine Out, Fitness Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a custom mix on the DJ Booth and then play it. With the non-custom DJ songs and enough DJ skill, you can use the options "Feel the Crowd" and "Get Hyped.
What happens when the bug occurs? While playing a custom mix, the options for "Feel the Crowd" and "Get Hyped" don't show up.
What do you expect to see? I expect the same DJ skill options to show up whether playing a custom mix or a default mix on the DJ booth, otherwise there isn't any point of playing your own mixes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Issue

I have a DJ that has reached max level DJ skills and noticed that when playing a custom mix on the DJ booth, the special DJ options "Get Hyped" and "Feel the Crowd" are not available. If you switch genres to one of the default options such as "Play House" or "Play Machine", then the options do become available.

I'm not sure if this is an oversight or by design. I hope it's a bug, because I feel like my DJ should be able to hype up the crowd and let them dance to his own custom made mixtapes (which take ages to make on the DJ booth, so it feels like there should be a payoff). Otherwise, custom mixes are not as fun to use as the default genres and are only good for licensing royalties.

Steps

1. Get to max level DJ skills

2. Under the play genre option, pick one of the default genres such as "Play House"

3. Check that the Get Hyped and Feel the Crowd options display while using the DJ booth

4. Create a custom mix (the one I'm using currently is Mix-a-lot)

5. After the mix is completed, play it using the DJ booth under the play genre option

6. Check whether the Get Hyped and Feel the Crowd options display or not. In my case, they don't while the custom mix is playing.

Expected behaviour

The Get Hyped and Feel the Crowd DJ options should be available during any music options under "play genre", including your custom mixes which show up there.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 3 (1,583 Views)

Re: [GT] DJ Feel the Crowd and Get Hyped not available for custom mixes

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (1,497 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] [GT] DJ Feel the Crowd and Get Hyped not available for custom mixes

★★★ Guide

Yeah, I can see this too. 

Bug 1.png

Bug 2.png

Message 3 of 3 (1,339 Views)