by FinalBossNyuma

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GT] Can't upgrade DJ Booth for Telesplosion at venues

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? current. updates through Origin
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put a Tv in a business location with a dj booth .. no Telesplosion. Put a t.v in a home location with a dj booth .... Telesplosion avail.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing
What do you expect to see? All the T.V's in the nightclub come on
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've searched for this but can't seem to find a post. Telesplosion will work at a sims home but will not work at any business lot for any expansion. Sim is level 10. Tv's are close to dj booth. The DJ booth is the best one available. All options come up greyed out to upgrade the booth saying all upgrades have been performed. Even if you delete it and put a new one in.

When you go to the option where Telesplosion is supposed to be, the only options are fog and laser. No Telesplosion.

Message 1 of 8 (1,817 Views)

Re: Telesplosion

[ Edited ]
Hero

@zoiee2020 Seems like the actual issue is that the upgrade is missing to do at business venues. You need to have the Wireless Display Override which is not available to do on business venues.

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/
and here's reason why: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Break-Aug-19th-Aug-25th/m-p/7228122#M101403

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,804 Views)

★ Guide

Game version 1.61.15.1020

ive included screenshots of the issue. 

Message 3 of 8 (1,774 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

After further looking it appears you are correct. Wireless Display Override is not available as an option at business venues. Was this intended or a bug?

It feels like a bug or short sighted game development to me, I mean ...  Who holds a concert in their house? 

After looking through some other forums, it seems people have has success using T.v's at business but do not explain how.  

Message 4 of 8 (1,767 Views)

Hero
@zoiee2020 Feels like a bug to me too. Maybe it even used to be possible which def makes it a bug

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,741 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GT] Can't upgrade DJ Booth for Telesplosion at venues

★ Guide
@zoiee2020 I’m experiencing the very same issue on the PS4: In my nightclub I have a large TV located directly behind my DJ Booth, & when sending over my high-level DJ to upgrade it the wireless display override option never appears. When clicking on the DJ Booth the menu options looks exactly as the OP’s in the images that they provided, BUT I can perform said upgrade on their booth at home. I’m getting really tired of years’ old glitches preventing me from doing what should be simple, basic tasks - can we please see a fix for this soon?
Message 6 of 8 (1,561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict

Oh wow. So sorry, I thought I posted the work around for this a long time ago. Just realizing now that I haven't.

Unfortunately, you need the Xpac Dine out to make this work.

Take the venue you want Telesplosion to work in and change it to a restaurant.

Toss the basics on the lot to satisfy the requirements. Placement doesn't matter, you can put everything on the roof if you want.

When your done, save the lot and go to your played sim. 

Have your played sim purchase the restaurant, then visit the lot. 

Don't worry about setting uniforms or any of that stuff. Just go to the DJ booth and click to upgrade. 

Voila .... option to install wireless display override now comes up. 

When your done the upgrade to the DJ booth, sell the restaurant. 

Go back to manage worlds, click the restaurant in build mode and set venue type back to whatever it was intended. (bar, nightclub, ect)

Delete the restaurant equipment. Save lot. 

Visit the lot with your played sim and enjoy Telesplosion. Click the DJ booth, open control panel, enable telesplosion! 

@FinalBossNyuma See work around above : )

(merge post) - Atic 

Message 7 of 8 (1,126 Views)

★ Guide
@zoiee2020 What I’d done was tell my DJ (Candy Behr, in this case) to upgrade her own DJ booth at home to include the Telesplosion feature & then drew walls all around the booth to create a tiny room. I saved that room to my library & named it “Telesplosion DJ Booth,” then I went to my nightclub in build mode, placed the room just outside of it, & then placed the DJ booth from the room into my nightclub.

And with that? My nightclub had a working Telesplosion booth! Because doing it in the intended & much more sensible way is, in fact, actually far too difficult to function properly, haha.
Message 8 of 8 (1,052 Views)