Re: [GT] Can't resume Custom Mixes

by filipomel

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero

Watched your video and tried that in my game but tbh, I don't think that's a bug.

I mean it doesn't work at the venues at all, right ? Even if you replace ?

But it works fine when you get back home. Also you don't get the option to start one on the venue ones either.

Do you remember if it ever was different ? 

I'm tagging this as Unsure for now and try to get some feedback from QA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 18 (1,091 Views)

EA Sims Team

@leozabotto

What level is your Sim's DJ skill?  We're aware of an issue where custom mixes can't be properly resumed when the DJ skill is 8 or higher.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 12 of 18 (1,069 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SimQARobo Level 10

@crinrict Yeah, sometimes this issue happens in my home too, the option turns to gray.

Message 13 of 18 (1,064 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Just saying that the community lot thing doesn't sound like a bug and I can't duplicate your other issue but as Robo said that they are aware of an issue, it might be random.

I'll change to needs input to see how many people have this (the issue in your initial post)

EDIT: Added as needs input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 18 (1,045 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've been having this issue for quite some time now too, exactly as described, I don't have the option to resume making a mix tape because there is no DJ booth around, even though there is. I've never tried resuming a mix tape of mine anywhere but my sims home lot, my DJ skill is level 10, I can only resume making a mix tape once I replace the old DJ Booth with a new one. This issue occurs for me usually when I travel back to my home lot after visiting a different lot. 

Message 15 of 18 (1,018 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I'm experiencing this issue while playing as Dominic Fyres. His DJ skill is level 8 and he's using his personal home DJ booth.

I can start writing a Mix-o-lot track, but if I stop before it's completed, the mix tape in his inventory can't be resumed - it's option is greyed out saying there's no valid DJ booth on the lot. The DJ booth is also upgraded with one upgrade - the advanced heatsink to stop fires.

Edit: I think there's a problem with the way the game tests to see if the DJ booth is in a broken state before allowing you to resume the mixtape.

Message 16 of 18 (997 Views)

Why cant I resume mixtapes on the DJ Booth

★★★ Newbie

I have read countless questions about the DJ Booth to figure this out, but nothing helps. I have the Wub Tube Electromagic DJ booth and every time I make a mixtape and have to stop in the middle of it I cant go back and finish it. It tells me "the required object to resume crafting is either not on the lot, or not owned." I have all the upgrades on it and I'm not going to keep deleting the DJ Booth every time just so it will work. I don't use mods or anything like that either. Please Help!

Message 17 of 18 (908 Views)

Re: Why cant I resume mixtapes on the DJ Booth

[ Edited ]
Hero

@meggles2424 It's a very old bug that never has been fixed.

I merged your post with the bug report on it.

There's some suggestions in this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 18 (892 Views)