by aden0222

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GT] Birthday club outfit distortion

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let your sim age up with the cake during a club meeting with club outfits (e.g. everything in yellow).
What happens when the bug occurs? The birthday sim turns into a terribly distorted spider monster. Quick workaround: Use the mirror to plan outfit.
What do you expect to see? No distortion
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug already existed after Get Together was released, but I was sure that it was fixed in a patch years ago. Now it seems to be back.

EDIT: The problem is bigger: the distorted teen kept his childhood aspiration and got no new trait slot.

Message 1 of 40 (2,687 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] Birthday club outfit distortion

Hero

Duplicated and added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 40 (2,525 Views)

Re: [GT] Birthday club outfit distortion

Hero

@alanmichael1

Is this still an issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 40 (2,436 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Accidently I had a birthday child to teen ahead so I could test this immediately - and no, it's not fixed. The child turns into an R-rated horror monster. Funnily, right after the transformation the teen asked his father for advice with the problem "I am scary" Party hat

Message 4 of 40 (2,425 Views)

Hero
Is the aspiration/Trait also still bugged ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 40 (2,415 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Yes, I think I wasn't asked for a new trait during the transformation.

Message 6 of 40 (2,405 Views)

Child turns to noodles on ageup during club gathering

★ Novice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All available packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play as a child sim who is the leader of an age restricted club Start a club gathering Age up the sim using the birthday cake
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim ages up, but no prompt appears and he is still the height of a child but glitched and stretched. Returns to normal when club gathering is ended, but still has childhood aspiration and one trait. Appears as a teen in appearance and CAS.
What do you expect to see? Normal age up with trait selection prompt, followed by a notification that the sim has aged out of the club.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I was going to age up my child sim along with his friends who are all in an age restricted club together, so rather than try to invite them all over (it was the middle of the night), I started a club gathering and aged up my sim, who was the club leader. I expected a notification saying he aged out of the club, but instead he glitched out and there wasnt an age up trait selection popup. I suspected the club was the culprit, so I ended the gathering and he turned back into a normal teen, but still with his childhood trait and aspiration. I aged up his brother (also a club member) and friends and there were no more issues, and the brother got the aged out of club notification. Strange.

Message 7 of 40 (2,298 Views)

Re: Child turns to noodles on ageup during club gathering

★★★★ Guide

Make sure the child club does not have custom costumes set, I found it really funny when my sim wanted to be in bear costume all the time, and would auto switch to it, even on his birthday, but there was a real problem with the aging effect with the costume, is that as the child aged, the costume stayed the same size, sim looked like a weird freak from Doctor Who half human half spider, never got the standard age stuff from aging up.  Child was teenager but didn't get UI updated.  That bug was long ago.  I just never aged child into teenager while in costumes.

Message 8 of 40 (2,290 Views)

Re: Child turns to noodles on ageup during club gathering

Hero

Hi @barrowesque 

I merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 40 (2,284 Views)

[Bug report] Graphic glitch in aging up

★★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? 한국어
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? expansions: all except Get Famous game packs: parenthood, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat stuff packs: laundry day, vintage glamour, backyard, romantic garden, movie hangout, cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? A child should be in a club and the club members are gathered. While the club meeting is active, when they blow the birthday candle, the bug occurs. But if the club meeting ends, or is inactive, the bug does not occur. I'm not sure that just club activity for the sake causes the bug or certain conditions of the club causes the bug, so I describe all the current state of the club. As I'm playing in Korean game client, I don't know the exact terms in English game client. But you can catch the meanings of the below. Pls bear in your mind that. currently the settings of the club I made are follows: joining conditions: children, teen encouraged activities: homework, kindly treating, making everyone funny, romantic, activities for autumn discouraged activities: fighting, mean behavior, video game, dancing I purchased all the club privileges except furious club mood, gloomy club mood, and bonuses for success in meanness and trick?(or kidding?). At the moment, the club point is over 23,000 Once again, this bug ONLY occurs when a child grow up to teen. it does not occurs in no other ages. And this bug occurs ONLY IF the children are in a club and the club meeting is active.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the child blow the birthday candle, their body graphic are broken so they look like an octopus. So it makes LaseExection.txt file.
What do you expect to see? their general, without any glitch, and normal grown-up body.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

All the necessary information is in the above sections.

Message 10 of 40 (2,041 Views)