by diamathius

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Video Station not creating videos if another action cues up

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All game and expansion packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? "Record Video" on the More Views video station (fully upgraded and all purchased add ons)
What happens when the bug occurs? Any time another autonomic action cues up, the sim finishes the recording, but no screen pops up with the video name and type. There is no video in the video inventory.
What do you expect to see? Pop up screen saying what kind of video it is and the option to add a video description. This video should be in the video inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Appears to be from University or the "Legacy Edition" patch right before. *Note: I recently just re-downloaded the game on a brand new laptop with the same problems

Message 1 of 10 (2,693 Views)

Re: Video Station not creating videos if another action cues up

Hero
@MappyLunchbox Do you only get it if the new action is queued autonomously or also if you put one yourself (I tested the putting yourself part and couldn't duplicate)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (2,632 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem.  vlogs will not complete.  sims spends the time recording, but then nothing.  doesn't matter what's queue up or going on.  doesn't matter what game speed is being used.

Message 3 of 10 (2,599 Views)

Hero
@wew1331 If you put something yourself or only if something was put in the queue autonomously ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (2,583 Views)

★★★ Novice

Doesn't matter if anything queued up or not, the action does not complete, and therefore cannot record any vlog's at all.  and i'm pretty sure, at least 85% sure, it was working just fine before the emergency update on the 25th.  i've moved lots, i've tried replacing, i've tried using the one at the studio.  no vlog's complete.

Message 5 of 10 (2,571 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@wew1331 They are working fine for me so that's strange.

Did you also test a new save if you got the same issue there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (2,567 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This was a new game.  I went back into the last game and it works fine.  So its something with the newest save.  Just for giggles i started a whole new game just now, and it does not work either.  Also just tried running the game with no mods, no luck.

Message 7 of 10 (2,552 Views)

Hero
@wew1331 I tested an existing save.

Will test new one tormorrow (bit busy today)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (2,537 Views)

Hero
@wew1331 Tested a new save, still works fine for me.

Does the Sim stay in the required mood the entire time for you or does he change moods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (2,520 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Video Station not creating videos if another action cues

★★★ Novice

I have a video in inventory but when I try to upload it my sim just stands there. I just put two directions on for my sim. Upload the video and sleep. All my sim does is stand there and do nothing meanwhile sim is becoming exhausted. I have tried the repair I even deleted my high end game and ts still not working. I believe its due to Lets get together. since I got that expansion I have had problems. I had had  wedding invited sims, one was from another house hold in that game.  When it was over one of the other house members became my current household member.

Message 10 of 10 (2,197 Views)