by Zack4358

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Route Fail: Release Track if music station on other floor

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Island Living and Uni and every game pack except StrangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a burned track in a sim's inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? If there is no Music Station nearby, the track does not get released. The sim puts the track up and then back in the inventory and nothing happens. This interaction is quite useless if the sim is not near a Music Station.
What do you expect to see? The interaction should only be displayed if the sim is near a Music Station because the interaction does nothing if there is no Music Station near the sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

If a sim has a track in his / her inventory, the track does not get released if the sim is not near to a Music Station. Then the sim just puts the track up and back into his / her inventory. This interaction does nothing if there is no Music Station nearby.

Message 1 of 3 (729 Views)

Re: Releasing new track from inventory does not work without Music Station.

Hero

You mean this right ?

release.png

As you can see it says for me that I can't release the track without a music station. Is that not the case for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (705 Views)

Re: Releasing new track from inventory does not work without Music Station.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

No, this tooltip does not appear, because a Music Station is on the lot.

The sim tries to perform the interaction and it fails due to a Music Station which is (allegedly) not available, but  there is one on my lot, it is only not on the same story as the sim is. If the sim goes to the same story as the Music Station is, it works fine.

This is related to the bug which I reported earlier with the Archaeology Table. If you try to authenticate a relic from the inventory of a sim and the Archaeology Table is not on the same story as the sim, the sim shows a red bubble and is unable to go to the table. If you put the table on the same story as the sim is, it works fine.

Message 3 of 3 (693 Views)