by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Quirk-B-Gone Removes Quirk Before Sim Drinks It

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Get to Work, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Dine Out, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Kids Room Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Celebrity Sim with a Quirk acquire the Quirk-B-Gone and place it somewhere the Sim can't immediately get to it, such as on a surface or in a fridge a distance away. Tell the Sim to use the Quirk-B-Gone to remove a quirk, and select the quirk you want to remove. Then before the Sim reaches and drinks the Quirk-B-Gone potion, cancel the action to drink it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The moment you choose the quirk to remove from the list, the quirk is removed, and the Sim queues the action to go drink the potion. By cancelling the action to drink it, after the quirk is removed, but before the Sim reaches and drinks the potion, a single Quirk-B-Gone can be used an infinite number of times.
What do you expect to see? The sims should drink the potion first, before the quirk is removed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Get Famous, since it added Fame Quirks and the Quirk-B-Gone potion.

Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)

So basically, using a Quirk-B-Gone removes the quirk instantly upon queuing up the action to drink the potion, instead of removing the quirk after the Sim actually drinks the potion.

It doesn't seem intended to be able to use this "quirk" of the mechanics to infinitely reuse the same potion for limitless quirk removal.

Message 1 of 8 (3,906 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Quirk-B-Gone Removes Quirk Before Sim Drinks It

Hero

Does this only happen to the quirks drink or also with the draught drink on vampires ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (3,879 Views)

★★ Guide
Do you mean the potions effect happening instantly upon choosing to drink the potion instead of happening after the Sim actually drinks the potion?

I'm not sure, as the Sim I'm playing as now hasn't been a Vampire before.
Message 3 of 8 (3,849 Views)

Hero
Yeah, basically asking if the vampire drink has the same effect.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (3,838 Views)

Hero
Test both the drought of reconfiguration and the quirks begone and it seems only an issue on the quirks begone one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (3,760 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Quirk-B-Gone Removes Quirk Before Sim Drinks It

Hero
added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (3,706 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Quirk-B-Gone Removes Quirk Before Sim Drinks It

★★★ Apprentice

Yup, this definitely happens. I'm just not sure that I want this exploit fixed Thinking

Message 7 of 8 (2,554 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Quirk-B-Gone Removes Quirk Before Sim Drinks It

★ Guide

This still happens.

Essentially, the moment you click on Drink you are presented with the menu and the quirk you want to remove.

If your Sim has several actions queued up already and/or goes t odrink it somewhere else, walking with the drink in hand, cancelling the action to drink it will end up with the Sim putting the drink on a table, and the quirk gone already.

Latest patch, no mods, no cheats ever used, all DLCs.

Message 8 of 8 (2,001 Views)