by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Phone-calls from unknown Sims without "Public number" quirk

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Having a sim on level 4 celebrity, but in reality I don't know, it never happened before.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get a lot of phone-calls, I don't have the quirk "Public number", or at least not yet but the game seems to react as if I have it. I get something like 6/7 calls per day from people I've never heard of and it is hella annoying. My celebrity level 4 sim has the 2 quirk slot occupied by "No touching" and "Refined Palate". I don't know if it is normal for a celeb but it never happened to me before. It started when my sims became level 4 celeb.
What do you expect to see? I expect not to have this tremendous amount of phone-calls if I don't even have the quirks "Public number".
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 9 (1,539 Views)

Re: Too many phone-calls without "Public number" quirk

Hero
@Jiljan01 Are you sure they aren't in your friends list as you might have greeted them somewhere ? Phone calls have always been a bit overboard but should be from folks you know

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,526 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah, at first I thought they were somehow friends but then I've checked multiple times and it's always people I don't know. Also, from friends I get like invitations to events but from these people I only get that type of call that you can decline or accept only, with nothing written.

Message 3 of 9 (1,489 Views)

Hero
@Jiljan01 Did you ever have any Sim in the household that had the quirk end then removed it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,454 Views)

★ Novice

No, I've always played with only this sim alone. Now I'm celeb level 5 and it seems like I get less phone-calls. It's really strange...

Message 5 of 9 (1,435 Views)

Hero
@Jiljan01 Tagging as needs input then to see if anyone else sees that in their game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,430 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Phone-calls from unknown Sims without "Public number

★★ Guide

What sorts of phone calls are you getting, exactly? There are certain phone calls you will receive from sims you haven't met, such as invitations to charity parties or set ups for blind dates. These are all intended, and unrelated to the "Public Number" quirk.

Message 7 of 9 (1,353 Views)

Hero
@Bra1nBlast3d 6/7 a day ? Do you get that many as well ?

Job offers would probably also be one of these but I would think that many in one day is a bit excessive.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (1,339 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Jiljan01My Non celeb sims always get  job offer message, blind dates, and unknown sim is so pleased that my sim became a friend with somebody.. etc..These are all from pristine reputation, not from being a celeb.

Message 9 of 9 (997 Views)