by shelbykorine

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] No fan gifts with Influencer Perk

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work. Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat. Spooky Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get Sim to Fame Level 2 and choose Influencer Perk
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim does not receive items from fans. After getting "Fan" mail quirk sim gets spoiled items but never received anything prior to getting that quirk.
What do you expect to see? Perk states sims should receive items like baked goods and collectibles. I would expect sim to receive items from fans.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Influencer Perk does not work as described. Sim has never received items from a fan after getting influencer perk. Sim gets fan mail - that contains no items and "fan" mail that contains spoiled items after getting "fan" mail quirk. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 9 (2,407 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] No fan gifts with Influencer Perk

Hero

HI @shelbykorine 

haven't tested this on the newest patch but didn't have any issues before.

How long has it been (Sim weeks) since you got the perk ?

What kinds of mods where you using before removing them ? Did you move the mods folder to the desktop and also delete your localthumbcache.package file or did you disable the mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,371 Views)

★ Novice

I have 2 sims in the household that both have the perk. They've both had it for at least 2 sim weeks but longer I think. 

In the past, I tried a mod to fix an issue with time lagging in super speed mode - it was removed but I don't remember how. I'll try to delete the localthumbcache now just in case that helps. That was the only mod I ever had. 

Message 3 of 9 (2,356 Views)

Hero

A lovely fan just sent me a foul wolfseel (thanks so much for that).

Which neighborhood are you playing in ?

Will add as needs input to see if other folks are having issues with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (2,328 Views)

Hero
Added for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (2,280 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We've been having trouble reproducing this, could you possibly share a save file @shelbykorine? Thanks so much for the help! http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 9 (2,215 Views)

★ Novice

Hey guys sorry for the late response, I haven't had much time to play. However, I had my sims move to a new house and that seems to have resolved the issue.

Message 7 of 9 (2,148 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] No fan gifts with Influencer Perk

My sims have never received anything from the Influencer perk, and most of them got it after the April patch. They occasionally get fan mail, but that's it.

Message 8 of 9 (2,117 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] No fan gifts with Influencer Perk

Hero
@wildirishbanshee Could you share your save as asked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (2,099 Views)