by canelacaliente

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Muser Trait Not Boosting Acting Skill

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Parenthood, Dine Out Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim get any aspiration with the Muser trait. Have the Sims practice the acting skill while inspired.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims do not gain any bonus to their acting skill rate based on having the Muser trait.
What do you expect to see? The Sims skill the acting skill faster based on having the Muser trait.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This bug can be due to one of 3 reasons.

1.  The Master Actor/Actress Aspiration was placed in the wrong category in CAS so it gives the wrong aspiration trait which is the Muser trait.

2.  The Muser trait is broken.  The description states:  Musers get better boosts to their skills when they're inspired.  When looking at the game files for this trait, the Muser trait only gives skill gains to creative skills when inspired or very inspired.  See code below:

<V t="effective_skill_modifier">
<U n="effective_skill_modifier">
<V t="skill_tag" n="modifier_key">
<E n="skill_tag">Skill_Creative</E> The trait is set to Skill_Creative not Skill_All
</V>
<T n="modifier_value">3</T>
</U>
</V>
<V t="autonomy_modifier">
<U n="autonomy_modifier">
<L n="skill_tag_modifiers">
<U>
<E n="key">Skill_Creative</E>
<T n="value">1.6</T>

3.  The Acting skill does not have the correct tags set so it gets a boost from the Muser trait.  See code below:

<T n="mood_id">14634<!--Mood: Mood_Confident--></T> Mood is set to display a boost on Confidence.  The Muser trait is not set to boost Confidence.

The Skill_Creative tag is missing so the Muser trait is not boosting this skill.  Plus, the Confidence boost is just the general boost Confidence gives to all skills.  There is no special boost.

<L n="tags">
<E>Skill_All</E>
<E>Skill_All_Visible</E>
</L>

Message 1 of 5 (994 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Muser Trait Not Boosting Acting Skill

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (946 Views)

★★★ Pro

As of patch 1.58.69.1010, this is still happening in the game.

Message 3 of 5 (851 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@crinrict This is still not working as of patch 1.59.73.1020.  Can you add it back to the list?  What additional input do you need to add it back to the list?

Message 4 of 5 (812 Views)

Hero
@canelacaliente Some more people clicking me too basically.

But I can put it back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (798 Views)