Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GF] Missing Fame Points on gaining Level

by bookmaster325

Original Post

My Sim is missing 2 fame points.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? ?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous Seasons Parenthood Get Together Get to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My Sim levels to Proper Celebrity (4-star).
What happens when the bug occurs? She doesn't get the next 2 fame points.
What do you expect to see? I want her to gain all of the necessary fame points.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim became 4-star and received no fame points, I then made her a Global Superstar (5-star) and she received the 3 points for 5-star, but hasn't received the fame points from being a 4 star celebrity. Right now (at Global Superstar) she only has 8 fame points. 

Message 11 of 47 (3,223 Views)

Re: My Sim is missing 2 fame points.

Hero

Hi @Simmerlover12

did you try a bookcleansing to see if that gives you the points as well as removing from fame and cheating back up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 47 (3,206 Views)

Re: Sim not always getting points for fame perks upon gaining a rank

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me too, ea games said there is a bug and to use cheats for now but I can’t get the cheats to work either. I’m just stuck. 

Message 13 of 47 (3,199 Views)

Re: Sim not always getting points for fame perks upon gaining a rank

Hero
Moving this back to bugs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 47 (3,190 Views)

Re: [GF] Sim That Loses and Regains Fame Level Doesn't Regain Fame Points/Quirk

Hero
Added as Needs Input.

Might be related to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-GF-Missing-Fame-Points-on-gaining-Level/m-p/7190...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 47 (3,035 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Missing Fame Points on gaining Level

[ Edited ]
Hero

I merged the threads

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 47 (3,040 Views)

EA Staff

Hi everyone!

We have been unable to reproduce this issue at our end. 

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much! Standard smile         

Message 17 of 47 (2,982 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Good morning Sims Team;

I've got a Config and Save here, as requested. I also have a bug report documentation to keep my own observations:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Sometimes (25-49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except my first pet stuff, toddler stuff, and laundry day stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Raise your Sim's fame through non-traditional means, and/or have the sim's fame raise while they are off the active lot. (For example, bet on stocks as an Investor, and time the return on investment for when the Sim is off the active lot.)
What happens when the bug occurs? When fame is raised through non-traditional means, or fame is raised on the sim not being on the active lot, their fame level raises without a notification, and does not award Fame Points.
What do you expect to see? When fame reaches a specific level, regardless of how it's done, they should be awarded their fame points. (Or be provided their fame points again if re-acquiring the fame level.)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now, I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

A few observations I found:

- Losing Fame and Regaining the Fame Level where the points were not acquired does not fix the issue.

- A Celebrity Cleanse clears out previously spent Fame Points for re-allotment, but does not provide the missing ones.

- The issue seems to mostly happen by getting Fame indirectly, such as getting Fame later from a successful Investment. (There may be more, as I haven't gotten through all the careers yet.)

Config: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13j0lkUAOwa3u_rooCcjvnYGHnVlhdqhq/view?usp=sharing

Save File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E2UabHStR7OFN7HsRIvIP7YV-UzaUrU3/view?usp=sharing

- B

Message 18 of 47 (2,947 Views)

★★★★ Guide
This happened me in my gameplay today while playing a sim in the detective career. (did nothing "fame-related" except working the career) Just happened to check her panel and she became a notable newcomer. However, no perk points were allotted to her, the quirk slots didn't open up, nor did a notification ever come. ~shrug~
I'll prepare a copy should another save be needed.
Message 19 of 47 (2,895 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@bookmaster325,

I've been playing the Detective Career recently and noticed a few actions within the career that increase fame, without being marked as doing so:

- Arresting Suspects

- Interrogating Suspects & Locking them Up

- Adding Clues to the Crime Map

- Successful use of the Chemical Analyzer on Evidence

- Deducing Clue at the Crime Map (Only if Successful)

There may be more, but these are the actions I've noticed so far that have moved the Fame gauge on my Simology UI, even if it didn't show me the "Star+" symbol above my Sim's head.

As an additional bit of information, I did notice the game advanced my Sim's fame appropriately when my Sim arrested someone; I did notice when they advanced to Rising Star after I had used the Chemical Analyzer however, I didn't get a notification that my Sim had went up in fame, and it didn't award me any Fame Points.

- B

Message 20 of 47 (2,890 Views)