Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] [GF] Missing Fame Points on gaining Level

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All up to and including Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. For some reason, one of my sims hasn't been getting points for fame perks when he goes up a level, and I don't get a notification that he's went up a fame level either.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim doesn't get the points to spend on fame perks.
What do you expect to see? My sim getting points when he goes up a fame rank.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have two sims in a household. One of them hasn't had any problem with getting points for fame perks when she goes up a fame rank; the other one has gone up fame ranks twice now, but not gotten any points for perks. I tried cheating him down a rank, then back up again, but the points that were missing are still missing; I also noticed that he didn't unlock another quirk either. This is the second time it's happened. The first time I fixed it by having him quit the spotlight and then go back into the spotlight, cheating him up to the level he was at, which was at Notable Newcomer. He got the next rank with no issue, but now the game tells me is a B-Lister (rank 3), but he didn't unlock another quirk slot and get the two fame points. I'm not sure what is causing it. I will say that the one who isn't getting his points or a notification for going up a rank is in the athlete career while my other sim is self-employed. Doing what I did previously fixed it...for now anyway. I'm not sure if I'll get the points when he goes up another fame rank.

Message 1 of 47 (12,809 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims with active fame status do not gain Fame Points, but fame level progres

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Sul Sul! 

Is anyone still seeing this without mods or custom content installed? If so, would you be willing to share affected save files?

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

View in thread

Message 47 of 47 (180 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sim not always getting points for fame perks upon gaining a rank

Hero

Hi @Vulori

did you try if repairing your game works ?

Have you tried moving the Sim in and back out

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 47 (12,671 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I already fixed it with cheats, but if it happens again, I'll try repairing and moving him out and back in.
Message 3 of 47 (12,654 Views)

Hero

Hi @Vulori

moving this to tech for now.

If you start getting this on a regular basis, let me know

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 47 (12,624 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie
This happened to me today too! She was getting the points fine until she became a b-lister then I wasn’t notified of anything and she can’t get the points. I even tried the celebrity cleanse to reset the points but that option doesn’t work st all.
Message 5 of 47 (12,434 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Loss and Regain Fame Level: No Regain Fame Points/Quirk Slot

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP, All GP, Kids Room Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim gain a Fame Level (i.e. Unknown to Notable Newcomer). Have that Sim buy a Fame Perk with their Fame Point and or gain a Quirk. Have that Sim's fame decay enough to go back down a level. (i.e. Notable Newcomer back to Unknown). This will remove the Sim's Fame Perk and Quirk. Have a Sim gain enough Fame to go back up a Fame Level.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim will go back to their previous Fame Level but won't receive the Fame Point they had previously spent, won't have any Perk they previously bought, and won't have their quirk slot re-unlocked. There's no option to take a Celebrity Cleanse to maybe sort this out, and volunteering to Step out of the Spotlight and restart from scratch doesn't remedy this either. As soon as they get back to Notable Newcomer, they'll still have no perks, 0 Fame Points, and no unlocked quirk slots.
What do you expect to see? The Sim should have the same thing happen as when they had first reached that particular fame level: They should get their First Fame Point, instead of being left with 0. They should also have their first Quirk slot unlocked so they can gain a quirk again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So I'm not sure if this is the case for EVERY Fame Level, but my Sim that had bounced back and forth from Unknown to Notable Newcomer is now a Notable Newcomer once again, but he is now left with no perks, 0 Fame Points, and all of his Quirk slots are locked.

I've tried fixing this by regaining Fame and then Stepping out of and then back in to the spotlight, which didn't result in any different outcome.

I've also tried to book a Celebrity Cleanse, but the option isn't even in the Sim's Phone/Computer interaction menus.

About the only thing I haven't tried yet is going up to the next Fame level to see if it just gives all the proper points he's missing as well as the quirk slot, but for now I'm reporting this as the issue stands.

Here's a picture of the affected Sim's Fame Info:

Sims 4 Notable Newcomer No Fame Points or Quirks.png

You can see on the left, they're a Notable Newcomer, but they have 0 Fame Points, no purchased Perks, and all of their Quirk Slots are locked.

Message 6 of 47 (11,985 Views)

Re: [GF] Sim That Loses and Regains Fame Level Doesn't Regain Fame Points/Quirk

Hero

HI @Iyasenu

do you know if this occurred before the Dec patch for you ? It did work before for me (haven't tested since dec patch) but unsure for which levels.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 47 (11,965 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict
Sorry, I hadn't ever lost a fame level before this time, which was after the recent December patch.
So I'm not sure if this was happening before that.
Message 8 of 47 (11,947 Views)

Hero
OK. Thanks for the info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 47 (11,922 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue - my sim is in the athletics career aswell.  

Message 10 of 47 (12,125 Views)