Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Maxed Atrocious Reputation Reset Upon Travel

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Bug tested with only base game and Get Famous. All other packs disabled via launcher commands
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with maxed out atrocious reputation meter (just the threshold will not do) and travel to another lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Reputation meter swings wildly between states (see linked unlisted video) and the true current reputation is neutral.
What do you expect to see? A normal fully filled atrocious reputation meter and NPC sim behaviour to be acted out accordingly (like booing the sim).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.66.139.1020

Before testing this bug, I have also deleted all cache files as described in Crinrict's blog: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Unlisted video link: https://youtu.be/vNRoCWLMvmw

Edit: Maxed pristine reputation meter sims are not affected.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 6 of 8 (1,373 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Maxed Atrocious Reputation Reset Upon Travel

Hero

Sims with maxed out Atrocious Reputation now maintain their reputation when traveling. Atrocious you shall be forever.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (1,080 Views)

All Replies

Re: [SW] [GF] Fame gone after journey to Batuu

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I have a similar problem but with reputation instead of fame. I have a sim who had atrocious reputation when she went to Batuu, when she came home her reputation was swinging fast between full green and full red with up-arrows on both sides. I forgot to take a screenshot or video. Anyway, I rebooted the game to see what happened, and when I came back her reputation had turned neutral.

Message 1 of 8 (1,406 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@SqueamishNerd wrote:

I have a similar problem but with reputation instead of fame. I have a sim who had atrocious reputation when she went to Batuu, when she came home her reputation was swinging fast between full green and full red with up-arrows on both sides. I forgot to take a screenshot or video. Anyway, I rebooted the game to see what happened, and when I came back her reputation had turned neutral.

Hmm, I have tested this rep problem with a brand new save, brand new sim, no mods or cc and with Star Wars pack disabled and enabled. I can't replicate this. However my main save that has many celebrity sims and some mods (save game should be vanilla compatible) has the issue only for my atrocious villain sims. Also whenever I travel to any new lot, some random sim can have the Global Superstar tag in the mouseover hover box only to have it disappear after a while. This issue on my main save game happened after the 1.66.70.1020 update and not when I got the Star Wars pack. I did wait for mod updates, so I don't know what happened there.

Message 2 of 8 (1,389 Views)

Hero
@gggg502 Did you test that save without any mods ? Does sound a bit mod related if you get random celebrities.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (1,376 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@gggg502Did you test that save without any mods ? Does sound a bit mod related if you get random celebrities.

Sorry for the late reply, I live in the GMT +8 timezone and have work for the day. Anyway, I downloaded my previous backup save game (the same save as the one I was talking about) that was saved on patch 1.65.70.1020 and boot it up in patch 1.66.139.1020 without mods and disabled Star Wars pack and made the following observations:

1. Pristine rep global superstar sim not affected when traveling.
2. Ghost global superstar tags not temporarily appearing and disappearing on sims I mouseover (probably a mod issue or script lag, I will not push this any further)
3. When switching to my household of atrocious rep, global superstar sims, 2 out of 4 + 1 cat has their reputation reset to neutral
4. It appears that for an atrocious rep to get reset upon travel, the meter must be maxed out, just getting to the reputation threshold will not make it reset.

There is no difference when I re-enabled the Star Wars pack.

I have all DLCs including the free Holiday pack and the Grim's Ghoulish Guitar is enabled in my game.

Not sure if this issue should be moved to a new thread as it has nothing to do with OP's issue of fame fluctuation.

Edit: I started another new save and new sim. This time I made sure the atrocious reputation meter is maxed out before traveling and it reset to neutral upon traveling.

Message 4 of 8 (1,336 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@gggg502 Yeah, it is probably best to have a separate thread for reputation and leave this to fame.

Moved all posts over to your new one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,313 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Patch 1.67.45.1020 - same test method of remove all packs and mods as well as loading a brand new save with cache cleared. Same bug behaviour. See you next patch.

Message 7 of 8 (1,232 Views)

Hero

Sims with maxed out Atrocious Reputation now maintain their reputation when traveling. Atrocious you shall be forever.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,081 Views)