Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Issues with sound/volume on the Music Production Station

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a radio and create a own song with the Mix Master Music Production Station that came with Get Famous and listen to that song on the radio
What happens when the bug occurs? after listening to the song on the radio the sound volume of the radio won't change all 3 settings sound like the medium setting
What do you expect to see? radio sound volume changes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed Get Famous

With Get Famous after listening to the own songs created with the Mix Master Music Production Station the sound volume of the radios won't change, I already tried all of the radios and all of them have the same problem that the volume won't change.

The only solution so far is sell the radio and buy it again and after that it'll work again until one of the own songs is played again

Message 1 of 19 (7,493 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Can't Change Radio sound volume after listening to own music

Hero

Sims Radio too loud? You can adjust the radio volume now after listening to the music you created on the Mix Master Music Production Station.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 19 (6,143 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
I’ve had this happen too. I haven’t paid attention to if it can also happen when the radio plays the song randomly.
Message 2 of 19 (7,432 Views)

Mix Master Music Station No Sound

★★★★ Novice

There's no sound coming from the station when my Sims are creating. Can somebody help me please?

Message 3 of 19 (7,418 Views)

Re: Mix Master Music Station No Sound

Hero

Hi @iman213f

others seem to have issues with this so it might be a bug.

Merged your post with current bug report on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (7,399 Views)

Re: Mix Master Music Station No Sound

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Yes I think I have the same issue, I have no sound coming from the mix master or any stereo, will try the sell and buy to see if it fixes.

EDIT: Even after selling and buying new, still no sound from mix master or any radios, including those at venues.

EDIT 2: Odd thing Sometimes the radios do have sound coming out, but still have not got the mix master to put out sound. Starting to think it may be tied to the multiple background music tracks playing at once bug that has been around forever. Wish EA would just give us the option to totally disable background music.

macOS Mojave

Version 10.14.1

iMac (21.5, Late 2013)

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Message 5 of 19 (7,341 Views)

Media Production Table Music Linked to Wrong Setting

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the media production table from the Get Famous expansion while your “World Music” setting is set to 0 and you will notice this tables music is linked to World Music and not in-game music.
What happens when the bug occurs? The media production table makes no sound if World Music (aka the menu and loading screen music) is turned off.
What do you expect to see? Media production table music should be linked to in-game music so that it plays alongside the stereo and the do mixing table sound.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.47.49.1020

Just a small bug I saw and thought I should bring it to the attention of the devs before the next patch, if they haven’t already noticed. 

Message 6 of 19 (7,222 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've figured it out and it has nothing to do with CC. The Mix Master Music Station is tied into the wrong audio. Instead of being controlled by "Object Music" like all other stereo's, instruments and the DJ booths, it is tied into the "Music" tab which is for Menu Music and the CAS music. Hopefully a fix for this will be included in the next patch.

Message 7 of 19 (7,243 Views)

★ Pro

Thanks NRTH_Caboose, that was driving me nuts. No fix in today's patch but lets hope in the next one.

Message 8 of 19 (7,221 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the help NRTH_caboose! Had my game music muted.

Message 9 of 19 (7,208 Views)

★★★ Guide
This also seems to happen to me. At first I thought it was just that new record player stereo, but I do remember now that I played my own track on it.
Message 10 of 19 (7,204 Views)