by Zack4358

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] 'Giving back' perk and "Who's bad" perk combinable

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Eco Living and University, all game packs except StrangerVille, Backyard, Laundry Day, Movie Hangout and Bowling Night Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim who is at least a B-Lister celebrity.
What happens when the bug occurs? The respective sim can get the "Giving Back" perk and the "Who's bad" perk despite they are from contradicted reputations (good and bad)
What do you expect to see? The sim should only be able to get either the good or the bad perk.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I noticed this bug first two years ago and it is still not fixed. My celebrity can have the "Giving back" perk and the "Who's bad" perk despite one is for a good reputation and the other one is for the bad reputation.

Additionally, the "Giving back" perk shows the tooltip "You have already purchased this perk". This text does not show on any other perk than this perk, so this tooltip text seems pretty redundant.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Screenshot (114).png

Message 1 of 4 (531 Views)

Re: "Giving back" perk despite neutral reputation and redundant toolti

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Zack4358 Did you already purchase it or not ?

I assume you bought it with neutral/negative reputation ?

EDIT: I tried buying it with neutral but it won't let me. As a B-lister it tells me I need to be level 3. Was yours better than that and then you lost levels ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (507 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, she lost the reputation level. But then, the perk should not be active anymore if I lose a reputation level.

This is only a bug with this specific perk. With all other perks (the three bad perks and the great and pristine perk), I don't have this problem. If I lose reputation, these perks are not accessible anymore. In contrary, the "Giving back" perk is still there, even with neutral reputation.

And this tooltip "You already purchased this perk" only appears on this specific perk, so this perk is quite bugged.

Message 3 of 4 (484 Views)

★ Guide

Meanwhile, my sim became a 4-star-celebrity and she has a bad reputation now.

I can have the perk for the "Good" reputation and the "Bad" reputation.

And this should not be like that.

Message 4 of 4 (428 Views)