by Psychotps

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Gig pre-performance tasks not available with famous sims

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take an acting gig, have a co-star that's more famous than you.
What happens when the bug occurs? If your co-star is more famous than you, you can't use the options like "rehearse scene".
What do you expect to see? Basic acting gig pre-performance tasks should be available for all sims. Regardless of fame status.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I understand that pre-performance tasks like compliment sim, and tell funny story shouldn't be available with more-famous sims until your sim becomes friendly with them, but those options are already available with the director, producers, and background actors.

However, specific interactions with co-stars like "Rehearse Scene with Co-Star" should be available for ALL sims, regardless of fame status.

(Been meaning to report this for a while)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 7 (7,039 Views)

Re: Acting Gig pre-performance tasks not available with famous sims.

Hero
@Psychotps Haven't really played through the career in a while so to be sure, this is for tasks during the gig itself, not pre-tasks, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (7,018 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@crinrict

Correct. Pre-performance tasks, not gig prep tasks.

Interactions for specific sims like Co-stars won't work if the destination sim is more famous and not yet "friendly".

I'll test the Director interactions like "Get Notes from Director" and "Tell director ready to perform" when I get a minute. If the latter doesn't work, then it's a career-breaking bug.
Message 3 of 7 (7,000 Views)

Hero
@Psychotps Do you know if it was always that way ? I can't remember having an issue with those when my actor first started out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (6,991 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@crinrict
Don't remember how long it's been an issue but it's been quite a while. Could have been always.

I tried it with a director. If the director is more famous and you're not friendly yet, you can't continue the gig. The option "Tell director ready to perform" won't even show up. This means you can't continue the gig until you become "friendly", which isn't always possible. This breaks the acting career in those cases.
Message 5 of 7 (6,972 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Gig pre-performance tasks not available with famous sims

★★★★ Guide

I only have one costar and they are more famous. I am not able to rehearse scene with them. I have tried everything. On console. 

Message 6 of 7 (6,647 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Gig pre-performance tasks not available with famous sims

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@MzMelonz

Yeah, I ran into this problem again today. There are only three things you can do:

1. Work on building friendship with the co-star. (likely won't be able to finish before gig time runs out) This WILL help for future gigs as co-stars usually remain for all gigs.

2. Skip that interaction. If you do everything else, and met all the other requirements, you'll still very likely get gold. Those small interactions only give you a little bit of job performance.

3. Cheat your relationship up with the sim. UI Cheats will do this. Just make it like 50,0 and then do another interaction and everything will unlock.

One thing to remember, some gigs have multiple co-stars. If you can't do the interaction on one, and have another, try it on the other one.

Message 7 of 7 (6,614 Views)