by Sigzy05

Original Post

[OPEN] [GF] [GTW] Celebrities Can't Be Interacted With in Retail

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but My First Pet Stuff and Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play as a retail owner and wait until a celebrity sim is spawned as a store costumer
What happens when the bug occurs? In short, the retail social tab is completely inaccessible in costumers that have fame. Because the retail interactions weren't accounted for GF, knowing the celebrity is needed for store owners to be able to do any of the retail interactions. Even "greet costumer" isn't available.
What do you expect to see? I expect store owners to be able to interact with celebrity costumers beyond the standard fan celebrity interactions, when it comes to the retail social tab so that we are able to attend to celebrity costumers in stores. Otherwise they'll leave out of frustration or we have to wait until they autonomously decide to buy something so that we can ring them up which takes forever.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hopefully this gets fixed soon because this breaks retail to a certain degree. Celebrities are so exclusive that even store owners aren't able to sell to them.

Message 1 of 10 (3,283 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] [GTW] Celebrities Can't Be Interacted With in Retail

★★★ Guide
I experience this as well! Makes it hard to sell them anything, when you can't do any retail socials. Seems like they'd make you the biggest sales too :D
Message 2 of 10 (3,194 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] [GTW] Celebrities Can't Be Interacted With in Retail

Hero
Added as Needs Input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (3,154 Views)

★ Guide

Still happening.

Because it is needed for two sims to introduce themselves to do the retail interactions, and celebrities can't be talked to normally, it's impossible to greet them as costumers. I have to keep asking them to leave my store otherwise they just end up bottle necking everything. Thank god I have no employees on my store otherwise it would be an even hotter mess.

02-06-19_12-05-38 AM.png02-06-19_12-05-43 AM.png

These are examples of all the interactions I can do with costumer celebrities. No retail tab at all, no greet costumer.

Message 4 of 10 (3,094 Views)

★★★ Guide
This is unfortunately still happening for me too. Like how are we ever suppose to run a business if we can't talk to the customers!!!
Message 5 of 10 (3,072 Views)

★★★ Pro

@crinrict This is still occurring as of patch 1.60.54.1020.

Message 6 of 10 (2,896 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still happening after installing Eco Lifestyle & the latest June patch. When the store is open, there are always 1-3 celebrities coming and with most of them I cannot have retail interactions

Message 7 of 10 (2,659 Views)

★ Guide

I'll add my voice here, still happening. It's always Thorne Bailey so far too, who is a particularly... attention thirsty individual, let's say.

Message 8 of 10 (2,617 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] [GTW] Celebrities Can't Be Interacted With in Retail

★★★ Guide
@Sigzy05 Have this as well. Just a few days ago I started to explore retail gameplay more and noticed I cannot use retail interactions with celebrities.
Message 9 of 10 (2,067 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] [GTW] Celebrities Can't Be Interacted With in Retail

★★★★ Apprentice

This is also happening with dream home. My Sim got hired by a celebrity but when she arrived to start the job she couldn't introduce herself or do the interior designer interactions because he was famous. 

Message 10 of 10 (1,982 Views)