by Darnellcotez

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Friendship won't go above celebrity acquaintance

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Having a celeb and a sim form a friendship (both player sims), except it won't go above 'celebrity acquaintance' meaning the sim can't contact the celeb. Celeb steps out of the spotlight.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims is unable to contact this other sim from their household, even though they have a good relationship.
What do you expect to see? For my sim to no longer be a celebrity acquaintance, instead a 'good friend' with the usual interactions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Currently I have three sims in a new save file (I removed my mods prior to starting this save through, prior to downloading Moschino). 

One of my sims was a writer, and while publishing her book she became a celebrity. It wasn't planned, but since it wasn't a bother to me I didn't disable the automatic spotlight until I made my other sims, a couple for the new Realm of Magic pack. 

At this point I already knew that it would be difficult to make them friends, but I wanted them to be so I did so. However, even when my sim and the wife of the couple were achieving a high friendship, when playing in the wife's household I couldn't text or chat to the celebrity sim at all. She was still listed as a celebrity acquaintance to the wife (and just close friends because the wife was naturally flirty at some point). For my celebrity sim, the wife HAS NO FRIENDSHIP TITLE, only the romantic one of 'just close friends'. It was an annoying bug, but since I didn't want my first sim to be a celebrity anyways, I decided to have her stay out and go back to a normal sim. 

Celebrity Status

But its changed nothing! Wife still isn't able to text her friend as she is still a celeb acquaintance whereas she is a 'just a close friend' still. 

Frey's TitleMiselle's Title

I considered that this was just a glitch between the two of them, as Frey (celebrity) has achieved the friend status easily with other people such as Lillith (vampire), so I shut down my game, went through origin and repaired it. Waited for the 33 files to all finish up, and launched again. Same as before. So I went to Miselle's (wife) husband Asha. Obviously he's not been close to Frey since I only needed one of the couple to be friendly, BUT since she's NOT a celebrity anymore, he should be able to just text and chat with her as normal, right?

Asha's POV

He, unlike his wife who DOES have a romantic connection with Frey, can ask her out but nothing else. I decided to make them friends and make them romantically involved to see if it was an issue with my sims romancing a celebrity or befriending a celebrity (even though she isn't a celebrity anymore), since she can contact other people without a problem, and all of them have normal relationship titles excluding Miselle.

5.png

Once Asha hit a certain level in friendship, Frey's celebrity acquaintance title went away. Miselle's hasn't, and she's closer to Frey than Asha is.

So, I think I have a few problems here:

1. Ever since I got, Get Famous, my non-celeb sims haven't been able to call/text celeb sims. Even if they have a high friendship. Even if they're romancing each other. The celeb sim always has to initiate the contact, and I thought that was just part of the game. Is it, or is it a glitch? Is it linked to 'celebrity acquaintance', which when my sim IS a celebrity, my other sims can't seem to achieve a higher tier friendship than that. So confusing.

2. Secondly, if a player sim 'steps out of the spotlight', other player sims who know them as a 'celebrity' acquaintance still seem to keep that tag afterwards, with the same behaviors INCLUDING interactions. Not only can you not text/call them, but when you meet them, you have to attempt an introduction and then scream you adoration for an hour or so before you can talk normally. Example: Asha has no friendship with Frey, Miselle has high friendship, but both still have celebrity interactions such as 'ask about interests': 

6.png7.png

But, they can't ask for autographs or photographs anymore, at least. 

3. How can I fix this and stop it occurring again? With Asha, increasing his romance/friendship was enough to undo all celebrity reactions with Frey, and since he's married I just decided to up the friendship. That isn't working with Miselle, who's higher in friendship than he is. Does gender matter? Since he was able to ask Frey out on a date, but Miselle wasn't? I increased her friendship further AND made her and Frey Best Friends, but no dice. 

8.png

I can only assume the issue is that Miselle, as a player Sim, introduced herself to Frey, a player sim, while she was a celebrity and increased the friendship while, for some reason, never leaving 'celebrity acquaintance' level (again, I thought this was normal, please let me know if it isn't) whereas Asha became friends with her AFTER she left the spotlight, and that's why they've been able to have a normal non-celeb to non-celeb friendship. ALSO, I didn't want Miselle to be unfaithful to Asha in my actual save file, but I tried flirting just to see; and it did fix their relationship but again, I don't want Miselle to be unfaithful in my actual save file canon. 

Something I want to do is have celebrity sims in the future, but I don't know if I can when player sims can't go beyond 'celebrity acquaintance' with them so can never call/text them, and if that celebrity ever stepped down then player sims who had been their friend will stay stuck believing they're a celebrity until they romance them, which I don't want. 

Summary:

Can sims have a friendly relationship with celeb sims beyond acquaintances so they can chat/text with them? 

Why does my sim keep their celebrity status with acquaintances even when they've stepped out of the spotlight, unless their friendship goes above acquaintance?

Why does my sim keep their celebrity status indefinitely with a sim they have a high friendship with after stepping out of the spotlight, unless romanced? 

How can I fix Frey and Miselle's glitched celebrity friendship without having an affair? 

Sorry its so long, I wanted to include all the head scratching I've already done so that anyone smarter than I will be able to instantly spot the problem aha. Any help is appreciated at this point, since I'm the type of person where this kind of issue overshadows all the good stuff and makes me not wanna play. 

Message 1 of 4 (2,810 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Friendship won't go above celebrity acquaintance

★★ Pro

HI @NiNoir I've not played the Celebrities much, but was going to ask if once removing all mods and cc, did you also 1: delete your localthumbcache and 2: repair your game?

Just an idea until another comes along with more information for you.

Hope this helps

Message 2 of 4 (2,748 Views)

★ Novice

Heya! I gave your advice ago but unfortunately no cigar, thanks for the help though, I really appreciate you taking the time! I'm wondering if maybe its a save file issue and if I save my households, make a new sim file, and place them again whether it might fix the issue - it'd at least reset my current sims relationship. But I'm worried my continuous issue with the celebrity stuff would just reoccur Frown 

Message 3 of 4 (2,723 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've experienced this issue too. Hope they fix it, it's annoying.

Message 4 of 4 (2,534 Views)