by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Floor Creates a Hole Through The World on Cheatau Peak

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs except Dine Out and Jungle Adventure, Bowling Night, Kids Room, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Spooky Stuff, and Vintage Glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bulldoze and build on the 64x64 Chateau Peak lot in Del Sol Valley.
What happens when the bug occurs? The floor disappears when the cursor hovers over the room, when I zoom in, or when I rotate the camera. No objects can be placed on the floor, the highlighted objects show up outside the house.
What do you expect to see? The floor to be solid, and usable for objects.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch- September 5, 2019.

I've seen this bug reported before, but all of them have been from several years back. I couldn't find a solution that applied to me though. I've already cleared my cache and repaired my game with Origin. I tried loading the same thing on Myshuno Park, which worked fine. When I loaded that lot back onto Chateau Peak, it broke again. If I create a basement, it doesn't make a hole in the world, however, it doesn't recognize the ground floor as a viable surface to place things on. 

UPDATE: Some floors I was able to find a detection on and place a floor which seemed to have solved the issue of the disappearing floors in that room; however, certain parts of the floor still can't detect objects.

ANOTHER UPDATE: If a part of a room works, I can merge it with another to add a floor which seems like the best workaround as of now.

Message 1 of 9 (1,210 Views)

Re: Floor Creates a Hole Through The World

Hero
@SheraKinz Could you add some pictures to your post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,186 Views)

@SheraKinz

I'm not able to reproduce this issue but I'm also struggling to properly understand the issue. Please could you upload the lot you have used in the pictures to the gallery? I'll test it in my game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 9 (1,168 Views)

★★ Novice

I uploaded it to the gallery (needless to say- under the username "SheraKinz"), as you can see on the preview photos, the entire floor isn't bugged, only parts of it are.

Message 4 of 9 (1,162 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SheraKinz 

Thanks Standard smile I've managed to repro and found the cause, it's Luminary's Exotic Water Garden, the pond you placed between two rooms. If you delete it you will be able to place objects normally and the ground won't glitch.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 9 (1,157 Views)

Hero
@SheraKinz Did you have any luck solving this with @Bluebellflora suggestion ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,093 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the help, guys. Unfortunately, I’ll be unable to test the solution until later this week (I’m away from my computer, busy, etc). I appreciate the solution and I will test it once I have the chance.

Message 7 of 9 (1,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This also happens with both the new Rejuvenating Hot Spring and the Hot Spring Bath from Snowy Escape. The floors were disappearing and I couldn't place any items. When I remove the hot spring, everything magically starts working again.

Message 8 of 9 (778 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@BramNauta Could you create a new thread for those and add some pictures

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (771 Views)