by KricketKorner

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Fame: Sims can't gain fame if their fame level is adjusted

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: all except get to work and eco lifestyle Game Packs: dine out, strangerville, parenthood, jungle adventure
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using the cheat menu (right clicking on a sim) and clicking public image and then increase celebrity level. Then try doing any social media fame actions (livestreaming with drone, posting on social media, uploading a video) and none of these actions will increase your fame.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim is unable to gain fame unless they completely opt out of the fame system and then re-enter.
What do you expect to see? No fame increase with social media or video station.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The problem appeared sometime last year (September or October), but I haven't played much since with the get famous pack until recently, and found that the bug was still there after many months.

Everything you need to know is pretty much in the above section.  If I increase a sim's fame using the cheat menu (not modded, just the regular cheat menu used by right clicking the sim), the sim is unable to gain fame unless they completely opt out of the fame system and then re-enter. I tried doing a reset where I took out my sims 4 folder and started with a completely new system and the bug was still there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 2 (424 Views)

Re: Fame System Bug: sims can't gain fame if their fame level is adjusted

★★★ Guide
@KricketKorner Yup, I have this too.

Yesterday was the first time ever I cheated on fame/public image and after that the sim doesn't gain fame from any "+Fame" actions. I only tried some socials though, sign autograph/take selfie with fan and social media status update/simstagram story.

On Mac, latest update 18/8/20, all released content installed, no mods/CC.
Message 2 of 2 (382 Views)