Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] [GF] Excessive Celebrate celebrity

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I do not know. Perhaps play some Global Superstar families.
What happens when the bug occurs? The 'celebrate celebrity' action happens much too much with global superstar families. Every time I go to one of their homes, they are outside celebrating each other (with the party poppers). Every time they travel, they celebrate each other at the new location. The action queues up automatically for every family member celebrating each individual family member, sometimes I can't even command 'knock on door' because the queue is clogged with this. I click the 'celebrate celebrity' actions away, but they reappear within seconds. So much game play time is lost. It's not fun.
What do you expect to see? Less of the 'celebrate celebrity' action altogether. Not just within the same family, but in general. It's annoying.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 6 (2,179 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Excessive Celebrate celebrity

★★★ Novice

It's the React in Disgust, Celebrate Celebrity, and cheer Pristine Reputation. The Celebrate Celebrity you can disable by just not taking the perk (or cleansing to get rid of it). The others will require mods. Why don't you want to use mods?

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,994 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yeah, I just plan on an hour of game time being wasted on this each time. The lucky sims are the ones queued-up for work, and get to leave before celebrating everyone. 😂

Edit: I added the following to the "broadcaster_FamePerks_StarTreatment_Confetti" (ID#  196394) tuner file, and it seems to be working.

Spoiler
            <V t="relationship">
              <U n="relationship">
                <T n="num_relations">1</T>
                <U n="prohibited_relationship_bits">
                  <L n="match_any">
                    <T>8802<!--family_brother_sister--></T>
                    <T>8826<!--family_cousin--></T>
                    <T>8809<!--family_parent--></T>
                    <T>8808<!--family_grandparent--></T>
                    <T>8807<!--family_grandchild--></T>
                    <T>15822<!--romantic-Married--></T>
                    <T>9989<!--family_niece_nephew--></T>
                    <T>8805<!--family_son_daughter--></T>
                    <T>8824<!--family_stepsibling--></T>
                    <T>8829<!--family_aunt_uncle--></T>
                  </L>
                </U>
                <L n="subject">
                  <E>Actor</E>
                </L>
                <L n="target_sim">
                  <E>TargetSim</E>
                </L>
              </U>
            </V>

Message 2 of 6 (2,087 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks for the response. I don't want to use any mods, though. The auto-queue interference is very annoying, I think I lose 35% of game time between 'celebrate celebrity' and 'react in disgust'. I disabled the autonomy months ago, but it's still there. If I click it away in the queue, it comes back and interferes with and disrupts my personal choice queue. I've also done 'repair game' several times via Origin with no improvement.

Message 3 of 6 (2,020 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's the React in Disgust, Celebrate Celebrity, and cheer Pristine Reputation. The Celebrate Celebrity you can disable by just not taking the perk (or cleansing to get rid of it). The others will require mods. Why don't you want to use mods?

Message 4 of 6 (1,995 Views)

★ Guide
@NetSimCat Thanks for the advice. I will have my sims (who already have their celebrity tile) relinquish their celebrity status (book celebrity cleanse) and cheat them back to an acceptable celebrity level. It is just annoying that if one clicks something away in the queue, the game automatically puts it back in.
Message 5 of 6 (1,938 Views)

★ Guide
@jmeadowbrook Oh, I see it's easier and faster to use the 'public image' cheat (rather than 'book celebrity cleanse'), decrease celebrity level & then increase again and choose different fame perks.
Message 6 of 6 (1,929 Views)