by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Drones getting lost

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.90.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, City Living, Seasons, Get Together, Get To Work Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Laundry Day stuff, Romantic Garden stuff, Movie Hangout stuff, Spooky stuff, Cool Kitchen stuff Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send the drone out to record neighborhood footage, then cancel the activity.I did this in The Pinnacles four times and it happened each time.
What happens when the bug occurs? The drone completely disappears - it's not in the neighborhood anywhere or in the home lot.
What do you expect to see? The drone to either come back to the home lot or stop somewhere in the neighborhood so it can be picked up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have been told to look around the neighborhood for it, but every time I have done this (in The Pinnacles every time) it is completely gone.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 18 (3,083 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Drones getting lost at The Pinnacles

Hero
Hi @hannahcos123

does it matter which lot you try ? I've just tried the Bailey-Moon lot and had no issues with it coming down somewhere where I can pick it up.

Does it matter which drone you use ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (2,978 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Drones getting lost at The Pinnacles

Hero
Added as Needs Input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 18 (2,962 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Drones getting lost at The Pinnacles

★★★ Pro
The drone broadcasts from behind the sim
Message 4 of 18 (2,921 Views)

get famous droid lost

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.5
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I don't know all of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a droid out to record. I don't know what else. Your the experts.
What happens when the bug occurs? With both Droids, when i send them out to record either neighborhood activities or a certain person, the droid doesn't come back. I can't retrieve the recorded data. Sometimes, it does pop up the screen about excepting the video recorded but it is never in the inventory and the droid never returns.
What do you expect to see? I want the droid to come back with my recorded data or have an option to get the droid back some how.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The droid never comes back. Would be nice if it does and I can get the recorded data it has. It has no problem following me around the house and recording but when sent out to record somewhere else it never comes back.

Message 5 of 18 (2,906 Views)

Re: get famous droid lost

★★★ Apprentice

I Love the new droids from GF! That said, I always make sure to have more than one for each Sim, as they tend to run out of battery power and 'plop' down throughout the neighborhoods. Small blessing that the neighborhoods are so compact, so it is possible to locate them, eventually... Also, for this very reason, I tend to buy the brighter-colored ones so that they are easier for me to locate if/when they do die in random places.

I cannot think of a 'sensible' or 'logical' way to get around this - IRL, if a drone runs out of battery, they become unresponsive as well, obviously... I suppose that *if* they were to maintain a certain amount of battery power to automatically return 'home', my losing them constantly wouldn't happen, however that is an unrealistic expectation to have from the coding, IMHO. Cheers!

Message 6 of 18 (2,900 Views)

Re: get famous droid lost

Hero

Hi @GingerBeez1981 

which world/neighborhood is this been happening ? I merged your post with an exiting thread but I may need to adjust the title of this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 18 (2,885 Views)

★★ Novice

Just had this happen in Strangerville. Looked all around the neighborhood, couldn't spot drone anywhere despite it being bright pink. Dialogue box popped up to name/describe footage, but drone was no where to be found, so did not actually get the footage.

Message 8 of 18 (2,824 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Mine just disappeared while fishing in Windermere.  I named the video and then drone disappeared, i've looked everywhere.  Very frustrating, drone can be replaced but i don't have time to record, edit, effects etc in time to upload and fufill the request.

Message 9 of 18 (2,761 Views)

Hero
DId you also check your household inventory ? Does your Sim live in that neighborhood ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 18 (2,752 Views)