Re: Del Sol Valley doesn't support snow, is covered in texture glitches

by SimsTime

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Actually in my almost 29 years of life I've seen snow in California before (I'm born and raised) back in the 90s I don't think there has been much since. But I'm guessing since it rarely occurs they decided to go with it not happening 🤷

I was a little surprised myself but  sadly it is what it is now they've made the decision to make it like Oasis springs and I don't think they will change that or they'd have to redo the whole world.

Message 11 of 20 (1,053 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It is because in reality she only classifies as an inssue what suits her. This is an impression I have been having for a long time. I would not be impressed if she did not put "[xx]" in the title of this publication.

I'm also having the same problem, and I spent many, many hours waiting for the snow to appear on the floor of the world, which unfortunately did not happen. It is obvious that this is a bug, because in other worlds (even oasis springs) this does not happen. I do not know how some people dare to treat this problem as something "okay" by saying that the world was not prepared for it. If producers give us the option to make snow on other worlds, their obligation is to make it work right.

I am an extremely positive and patient person, but everything has limits. There are people who seem to be playing with us.

My graphics card: Geforce 1050 - 2GB.

22-11-18_02-28-59.png22-11-18_02-36-45.png

Message 12 of 20 (1,029 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Understandable, however,  directing your anger at Crinrict doesn't help. Do you know how many posts she goes through on here a day? By no means is she trying to make this seem like it's "okay". She's just telling OP what was told to all of us by the Gurus not once but several times. She's not saying that makes it okay. Clearly it's a bug. She also links a page with a similar issue from city living that was eventually fixed. Also you must remember she does not work for EA. All she does is collect information on this site and forward it to them, try to help troubleshoot issues, and testing it out in her game to see if she can get the same results. Any theories she has on what might be wrong is her best guess. Maybe you should share your save with her and she see if she can duplicate it that way? She may not have the issue in her save but it could be a bug issue in specific saves? You could also tag a Dev and send them your save too in fact I will do it for you.

@SimGuruIcarus is there a way y'all can take a look into this issue or give a little bit of feedback on what might be going on with Del Sol Valley and this particular issue? 

*Just as a heads up there may not be an answer until after the Thanksgiving holiday today*  

Message 13 of 20 (1,014 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @SimsTime

Let me start by thanking you for your report. Even though we have to prioritize some issues over others because we do not have infinite resources, every single issue is important to us and we keep records for everything that you guys post here. 

In the other hand, Crin works really close to us, and thanks to her and other heroes, we are way closer to AHQ Community than ever. She does not only classify as an issue what suits her, like you mentioned. She knows her stuff and her decisions are based on the knowledge she's been gathering through all this years of hard work here in AHQ.

So please, listen to her and follow her indications if possible. She is only trying to help you, and help us.  

I'm sorry if this issue is affecting your experience with the game. Like I said, we will investigate this at our end. 

Have a nice day! 

Oh, and thanks for tagging me @MsPigglyPooh :D

Message 14 of 20 (997 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SimGuruIcarus 

I really don't want to sound rude, but I feel it in my right to doubt when you say that "every issue matters to us." And I say this properly since there is a bug related to masseurs in the Spa Day Game Pack  that has been in existence for 3 years, and has not been fixed to date. 3 years with a bug that directly affects the main core of a pack is unacceptable.

It is really very complicated to pay for a game, and having to wait so long for a relatively simple bug to be fixed. And I say that it's simple to fix because there's a person who came up with a mod to fix it.

To this day I'm waiting for the repair of the masseurs, because when I visit a Spa, only the Sims controlled by me ask for the massage service, while the uncontrolled visitors do not use the massage service, they only talk to the masseurs.

And to make matters worse, now even Yoga instructors are not working properly.

I understand you do not have infinite resources, but having to wait 3 years for one of the key features of a pack work properly... is a bit much.

Link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-SD-Sims-visiting-spas-do-not-get-massages-autonomously/td...
Link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-SD-Spas-no-longer-work-Experience-destroyed/m-p/719063...

I do not know what else to do to get your attention to this bug, but honestly, I'm about to give up. 3 years trying to play in a spa that does not work is something that makes me rethink if I should have spent money on this pack.

And I'm sorry, @crinrict,, I did not mean to attack you. Maybe I was just nervous about other situations because sometimes I feel like I'm not being heard in this place. I apologize

Message 15 of 20 (929 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So please, listen to her and follow her indications if possible. 

If I had listened to her clearly wrong idea that this wasn't a bug and was intentional, then it'd just sit here without anyone talking about it forever. I wouldn't recommend telling people to follow what one specific non-employee says like this...they can be wrong, and in this instance definitely are.

Message 16 of 20 (912 Views)

★★ Guide
Geez man why are you so snippy? It's like even when someone is trying to help you are still giving them a hard time. They've been nothing but a polite to you and you continue to come off snippy.

Look I get it. You're upset about your game having issues. I completely understand. I've been there before in fact still there with issues I've me tooed on here as well, But by all means there's no reason to be snippy when all she's tried to do was help. Even if her conclusion of the problem was wrong in her initial comment, She took back what she said and reapproached the subject in her second comment.
Message 17 of 20 (901 Views)

★★★ Guide
Why doesn't the sims team just do what they did with Oasis Springs and not let anything accumulate. Like have it snow, but make nothing happen. That way were all not stuck with these texture glitches. Also they did say from the beginning this world didn't support snow.
Message 18 of 20 (881 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi guys

as I pointed out in my last post, I do believe there's two issues here

- Snow accumulating on the lots in Winter. I believe it was supposed to work like Oasis springs which means, no snow settling. The world seems to have the snow settling on editable lots which shouldn't happen. Why it settled for me and looked like in my picture, is a mystery to me (hey, got another bug)
- Blocky Snow/shadows under some cars. @SproutLee has made a new thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Cars-with-incorrect-shadows/m-p/7193703#M77778 for another car and I think we can just use that to check on all cars and see which ones are faulty.

If you look at the cars that have those Winter squares in summer, you will notice a fine square line under them as well. The shadow looks correct, but there's still that line which is probably the reason for the oddity with the cars. Since this has probably to do with the cars, I invite you all to use the other thread for that issue.

That said, @SimGuruIcarus said they were looking into it. Meanwhile I'll tag this as needs input.

@manzana0807 Could you add any faulty car shadows you're aware of to the other thread ? Thanks so much

@SimsTime I've tried Oasis spring and snow didn't settle there for me at all. Are you saying it settled for you and looked perfect ?

Also thank you for apologizing :D I'm still in progress of testing a lot of things so please be patient. I've also forwarded your spa issue.

I also changed the title a bit to have room to add the tags

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 20 (865 Views)

★★ Pro

I already posted in the other thread, but I'll look around the worlds at the parked cars when I play next and see what stands out to me.

Message 20 of 20 (826 Views)