Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Dead NPCs don't get replaced at acting lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the actor career and wait until an elder co-actor dies on the set (which happens frequently).
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no way out of this situation for the played Sim. The game doesn't spawn a new actor, the scenes with the dead colleague can't be played and filming can't be posponed. The played Sim gets a bad review.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to spawn a new actor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Text

Message 1 of 5 (322 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Dead actors don't get replaced

Hero
There was a similar report for no actors at the scene .. can't find it though atm.

What happens for you if you delete the NPC actors ? Do they not get replaced either ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (309 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

The problem only persists during the current filming session. The next time on the lot the game creates new actors. I can't delete actors during filming because the manage-world menu is greyed out.

I think this is simply a design flaw that was overlooked. Two solutions could  be possible:

1) Co-actors are immortal during filming (like I think suspects are in the detective career)

2) Dead co-actors are immediately replaced 

Message 3 of 5 (276 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Oh. Misread that. Thanks for clarifying.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (272 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Seems like this is an issue for all kinds of NPCs on the lot, not just co-workers.

Added this.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (217 Views)