by alanmichael1

Original Post

[OPEN] [GF] Dead NPCs don't get replaced at acting lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the actor career and wait until an elder co-actor dies on the set (which happens frequently).
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no way out of this situation for the played Sim. The game doesn't spawn a new actor, the scenes with the dead colleague can't be played and filming can't be posponed. The played Sim gets a bad review.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to spawn a new actor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Text

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 8 (2,243 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Dead actors don't get replaced

Hero
There was a similar report for no actors at the scene .. can't find it though atm.

What happens for you if you delete the NPC actors ? Do they not get replaced either ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (2,180 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

The problem only persists during the current filming session. The next time on the lot the game creates new actors. I can't delete actors during filming because the manage-world menu is greyed out.

I think this is simply a design flaw that was overlooked. Two solutions could  be possible:

1) Co-actors are immortal during filming (like I think suspects are in the detective career)

2) Dead co-actors are immediately replaced 

Message 3 of 8 (2,147 Views)

Hero
Oh. Misread that. Thanks for clarifying.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (2,143 Views)

Hero
Seems like this is an issue for all kinds of NPCs on the lot, not just co-workers.

Added this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (2,088 Views)

Sims 4 Acting Career dead co-star not being replaced.

★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Eco Living. All game packs except Vampires. All stuff packs except Backyard Stuff, Fitness Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff and Spooky Day Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Note: I don't think of this as a bug, more like additional code needs to be added. So, my Actress sim (lvl 10 Acting career, 4 Star Celebrity) went to her gig as usual (it was one of the musical one). One of her co-stars died in the middle of shooting scenes. No new co-star respawned to replace the dead one, hence my Sim cannot continue shooting her scenes. I have not edited the hidden Acting career lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? No new co-star respawned to replace the dead co-star causing my Sim not able to complete her scenes.
What do you expect to see? The game to generate a new co-star. The show must go on!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Note: I don't think of this as a bug, more like additional code needs to be added.

So, my Actress sim (lvl 10 Acting career, 4 Star Celebrity) went to her gig as usual (it was one of the musical one). One of her co-stars died in the middle of shooting scenes. No new co-star respawned to replace the dead one, hence my Sim cannot continue shooting her scenes.

I have not edited the hidden Acting career lot.

Message 6 of 8 (1,871 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Acting Career dead co-star not being replaced.

Hero
@chikadee123 merging this with existing thread.

Just click me too on the first post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (1,862 Views)

NPC's Dying during acting gigs

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except eco lifestyle, all game packs except Jounrey to Batuu, and all stuff packs except nifty knitting, paranormal, laundry day, and kids room
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play as an actor when costars or makeup/wardrobe people are elders
What happens when the bug occurs? I have had it happen twice now where I am at a gig and either right before or during a sim I am supposed to interact with dies and I am unable to complete the task. Once it was the makeup artist, and I couldn't even click on the make up chair. Once it was a costar and I was unable to film my scenes.
What do you expect to see? I'm not sure if it's something you can fix, but it would be great if NPC sims couldn't die during the acting gigs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After downloading cottage living and dream home designer, though that may be a coincidence

It's just frustrating when you cannot complete a gig or perform as well as you'd like because a NPC dies. Maybe they're just method actors?

Message 8 of 8 (1,620 Views)