[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Celestial Crystal Crown: recharged needs drops when removed

by imhotep168

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Celestial Crystal Crown: recharged needs drops when remov

★ Pro

Don't know if this helps, but...

Don't use the Crystal Crown much, but I have a Scientist/Archeologist who has all the crystals plus a cloning machine. He sometimes uses the crown. My impression of how it works is that when you take it off, needs go to where they would have been had your Sim not been wearing the crown, not to where they were when it was first put on. It's a moodlet delayer rather than a moodlet solver.

Not to say there are no glitches. 

Message 11 of 17 (741 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Celestial Crystal Crown: recharged needs drops when remov

★ Guide

@crinrict That's interesting. Diamond is easy to get thru computer. That's what I did for the first post. The Jonquilyst is rare and hard to get, I used cheat to get it from buy mod just for testing. However, I believe it will be the same if I get the Diamond from cheat, because there's no two 'classes' (in Python) defined Diamond. Anyway, I really suffer the glitch in my game. I don't know why it's not reproducible in your PC's. Should I reinstall the game?

@DonroaAkashu, please look at my data folder.

The Sims 4 Folders.png

When I finished a challenge, I will rename "The Sims 4" folder to The Sims 4.somethingelse, then start a new game. A new "The Sims 4" folder will be generated. That's also what I did for this bug report. "The Sims 4.Bug Testing" is the folder that store the game data for this bug. It makes sure there's no mod used. I just put a Sim and a Lot downloaded from the Gallery into the tray folder. I could upload "The Sims 4. Bug Testing" folder here if necessary.

Message 12 of 17 (730 Views)

Hero
@DizzyDee-K For me it didn't go down to the way it was though.

I tried the bladder and hygiene ones and both were in the red. After taking it off it was just slightly under max. From what you're saying, you're seeing the same as @imhotep168 ?

@imhotep168 I'm not saying it's not bugged. I didn't comment on purpose to see if others are seeing this too but wanted to chime in the discussion now. I haven't tried all the crystals so my testing wasn't extensive.

Repairing the game sometimes helps, I wouldn't reinstall because of it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 17 (711 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict@imhotep168 

I haven't done a real test, but my impression of the Crystal Crown is that it's intended to be goofy so maybe it's effects and aftereffects are meant to be unpredictable. Not really clear.

Maybe it's just glitchy.

If I have time this coming weekend I'll look at it more carefully.

Message 14 of 17 (698 Views)

★ Guide
@DizzyDee-K Great! Please focus on those which will affect the needs.
Message 15 of 17 (660 Views)

★ Pro

@imhotep168 wrote:
@DizzyDee-KGreat! Please focus on those which will affect the needs.

This is what Carl's Guide had to say about the Crystal Crown:

"Note that when motives fill, they are simply set at 100. When the effect is removed, they'll go back part way to where they were before you used the filling effect. Use these effects to extend your Sim's active time and deal with needs later. Great for a quick performance if your needs are low and you're in a rush."

He also has a video on the crown.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/getfamous/celestial-crystal-crown.php

Will check out the needs crystals this weekend to see what's what.

Message 16 of 17 (639 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@DizzyDee-K wrote:

@imhotep168 wrote:
@DizzyDee-KGreat! Please focus on those which will affect the needs.

This is what Carl's Guide had to say about the Crystal Crown:

"Note that when motives fill, they are simply set at 100. When the effect is removed, they'll go back part way to where they were before you used the filling effect. Use these effects to extend your Sim's active time and deal with needs later. Great for a quick performance if your needs are low and you're in a rush."

He also has a video on the crown.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/getfamous/celestial-crystal-crown.php

Will check out the needs crystals this weekend to see what's what.

New Sims folder, new Save, new Sim.

I had him join the Scientist Career. The Science lot is a good place to dig up crystals. I only tested crystals found in the world or bought from the computer. For the most part they seem to work as Carl's Guide suggests needs drop back when you remove the crown. The caveat is that sometimes they drop back a lot. They also break or run out, but there's no notification when this happens. You can see their power level by looking at the lights on the crown. Removing the crown while the lights are still green seems to give the best results. Crystals recharge while in the inventory. 

Some of the crystals - e.g. Amazonite - don't work as described. (I realized too late that I should have done a spreadsheet. But Carl's Guide has them all listed with their effects.) Amazonite says it fills all needs except energy, but seems instead to fill hunger. 

For filling needs - and not dropping too far back when the crown is removed - the GT crystals work best. They also require a trip (or several) to Sixam. For that you need to invent the portal to Sixam or upgrade the rocket ship and go through a wormhole. 

I think the crystals are working more or less as intended. 

Message 17 of 17 (605 Views)