Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Celestial Crystal Crown: recharged needs drops when remov

by imhotep168

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Celestial Crystal Crown: recharged needs drops when removed

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a Celestial Crystal Crown from Buy Mode and a Diamond from computer. Mount the Diamond onto the Crown and wear the Crown. Watch the changes of Social Needs.
What happens when the bug occurs? This bug introduced by patch 1.55.105.1020. It worked OK before. Celestial Crystal Crown mounted with different crystals mounted could fill up some or all needs. But only when sim wears the crown. When the crown is taken off or the crystal is unmounted, the needs drops immediately. Some needs even drops lower. The only exception which working normal is Jet. Jet works as before. The needs remain full when it is unmounted. Maybe there're other crystals also working normal, but most are not.
What do you expect to see? The Needs remain full when the Crown is taken off.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.55.105.1020

<Duplicate templates removed by CM>

Message 1 of 17 (2,961 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Celestial Crystal Crown: recharged needs drops when remov

★ Guide

After Jonquilyst is removed, all recharged needs are dropped. Hunger is dropped very low.

After removing Jonquilyst

Message 2 of 17 (2,898 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Carl's guide says this:

"Crystal Effects

Note that when motives fill, they are simply set at 100. When the effect is removed, they'll go back part way to where they were before you used the filling effect. Use these effects to extend your Sim's active time and deal with needs later. Great for a quick performance if your needs are low and you're in a rush."

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/getfamous/celestial-crystal-crown.php

- which is what happened in my game; so not actually recharging the motives bars, but keeping them constant at full (100), only so long as the crown was worn.

Message 3 of 17 (2,868 Views)

★ Guide

@DonroaAkashu Thanks! But look at the pictures. I mounted and then immediately unmounted Jonquilyst. The Social Need dropped quite a bit in one Sim minute. In my practical play, sometimes they might drop even more to the warning level. It's pretty random. You could see Bladder and Fun filled a bit in this case. But they might not go back to where they were.

Before mounting Jonquilyst:

Before mount Jonquilyst

After removing Jonquilyst:

Crystal Crown - After removing Jonquilyst 2.png

Message 4 of 17 (2,851 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yes, that is rather odd. Did you try in a new folder? 

Message 5 of 17 (2,846 Views)

★ Guide
@DonroaAkashu Yes, it's a brand new folder.
Message 6 of 17 (2,819 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Did you put your save in the new folder; or made a new save in the new folder without any of your files moved over? The Jonquilyst crystal is rare and hard to get. I tried the crystals that can be bought from the computer. Can you name any of those that does not work the way Carl's guide says they will? 

Message 7 of 17 (2,816 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@DonroaAkashuHi, hope I could understand your requests correctly. You could get those crystal by using the cheats: bb.showhiddenobjects, then get them from buy mode.
You could easily reproduce the problemthen. I do it this way, too. So far the crystal that will still keep the needs recharged is Jet. The others will have the problem described above. Anyway, I did not test them one by one. Just summarize couple that I used often.

Message 8 of 17 (2,784 Views)

Hero
@imhotep168 I tested this as well and wasn't able to duplicate. For me it drop a tiny bit but nothing to the extent it happened to you.

In your original report you said that you bought the gem through the computer. That's what I tested. Are you now saying it only happens if you get it through buydebug ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 17 (2,771 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@imhotep168  Sorry for being unclear: since the Jonquilyst crystal is rare and hard to find in gameplay, I suspected that you did not try in a completely new folder; but moved your old save, where you had access to the crystal, into the newly created The Sims 4 user folder. But now it seems like you did create a new folder, and used buydebug to get access to a Jonquilyst crystal. Cheats aren't in your original bug report - and they are cheats - and not part of actual gameplay; and not supported in the same way.

I did try though, but noticed no difference before and after wearing the crystal crown mounted with Diamond bought from the computer; and Jonquilyst crystal obtained through cheats. The Jet crystal, like you said, had the effects stay, once the crown was removed.

I will leave the thread to crinrict now though.

Message 10 of 17 (2,757 Views)