by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Celebrity not attracting Paparazzi

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Eco Living, Bowling, and Knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a character, have them become a celebrity of the appropriate rank.
What happens when the bug occurs? My celebrity sim is now a Proper Celebrity, and should have been dealing with paparazzi since she was a B-Lister, but has yet to attract a single one. Unplayed B-Listers even have paparazzi following them around and taking pictures of them, but not my sim - and even when she goes out with those sims, and their paparazzi follow, none of them seem to take notice of my sim, even though she's of a higher rank.
What do you expect to see? My celebrity sim receiving the same treatment as other celebrity sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I know some people found the paparazzi annoying, but they're also a pretty integral part of the celebrity experience, so I'm assuming my Proper Celebrity sim isn't meant to be missing out on them completely? They don't even notice her when she's out with other celebrities, whose train of paparazzi seems to follow them everywhere. I've never once had any show up around my sim's house, either, and it's quite disappointing.

She's a mermaid, in case that matters somehow? Started out as a toddler, but is now a young adult. I have never used any mods or CC.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 7 (1,969 Views)

Re: Paparazzi Have Disappeared?

Hero
@alakurielle Could you test if you get the same issue with another celebrity ??

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,912 Views)

Hero
@alakurielle Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (1,884 Views)

★ Guide

I also saw no paparazzi with my current char till she became a 4 star celebrity but that probably because I only stayed at home or visited parks till then.

Message 4 of 7 (1,871 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrictI am still having the problem. I tried making another celebrity sim as well, and they are having the same issue - BUT when I ran into the previous sim, they were now being followed around by the paparazzi. Switching back, they then disappeared again, so it seems like they just aren't working on the currently active sim for some reason?

Message 5 of 7 (1,844 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Celebrity not attracting Paparazzi

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue.

Paparazzi would just gather close to my celebrity sim and stand there until they just walk away.

Message 6 of 7 (1,750 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Celebrity not attracting Paparazzi

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem. It's the first time I've gotten a sim to Global Superstar (5 Star Celebrity) and since she hit 5 stars there have been no paparazzi around her. She used to have paparazzi arrive whenever she travelled but now, nothing and I need them to show up for the World Wide Celebrity Aspiration. She's an elder and doesn't have long left in her but I wanted to complete the aspiration before she dies. 

Edit: My sim spent a whole day in Del Sol Valley and eventually attracted some paparazzi, but now I want them to go away! They've started appearing in her house while she's sleeping and one of them just stole the award she got for getting a gold in a Meet and Greet. Frown

Message 7 of 7 (1,423 Views)