by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Career rewards not unlocking with Career Hopper perk

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 日本語
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and game packs, some stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join a career, go to work and wait until a random event text menu pops up, asking you if you would like to instantly jump to the maximum career level. Choose YES and after confirming that you have jumped to Level 10, check your inventory if you have received all the career reward items. If you have skipped from say level 6 up to 10, look if you have received the rewards for levels 7, 8, 9 and 10.
What happens when the bug occurs? I took the instant career jump within the Entertainer/Comedian branch from level 6 to 10, with the result that all the reward items inbetween (for levels 7 to 9) were missing. They are still locked in build mode at this time.
What do you expect to see? When you hit level 10 in a career, I would expect to receive all the rewards that lay inbetween as well, regardless if there had been a career jump or not, especially when that jump was offered by the game and not forced by using mods or cheats.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This time, the infamous "Connections Reward Bug" had nothing to do with this occurance. It works just fine, as well as the recently introduced Get Famous perk "Career Hopper" which provides you with all the "skipped" reward items. Unfortunately, the new career event choices (the big text boxes that pop up in the middle of the screen, asking you to make a career-related choice; I'm not quite sure how and when this was first introduced though) which are supposed to reward you with bonuses are not functioning as well as intended.

BTW, I am playing the Japanese version of The Sims 4, but I don't believe this is a language/localization related issue.

Message 1 of 5 (2,044 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [GF] Career rewards not unlocking with Career Hopper perk

★★★ Guide

Ok, this is a follow up to my post above. Today I was using the same character, giving it a second try in the Entertainer/Comedian branch. After hitting Level 5, the same event box popped up (presumably one of the new ones that came with Get Famous) while my Sim was at work and this time I was paying attention and captured some screenshots which I have attached to this post. In addition, I added English descriptions as I am playing the Japanese Version (not a commonly understood language, I know). Please Keep in mind that I never played the English version, so the terminology (event titles, item names etc.) may be out of place.

Message 2 of 5 (1,915 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Thank you for all the details.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (1,905 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,842 Views)

[BUG?]Island Living - Dive Instructor

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get fame perk Career Hopper. Join Dive Instructor - should get max in this career. In build mode Mermaid Love Chest should be unlocked - but its not
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing - Mermaid Love Chest is not unlocked even if i do the career with any sim in my family
What do you expect to see? Unlock Mermaid Love Chest in build mode
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hello. I have little problem here. I have super sim and i wanted to unlocked Mermaid Love chest, but since my sim have fame perk - Career Hopper she get max level of that career in one shot. In my family storage i got chest but in build mode it still need to be unlocked. I tried many things - reseting fame perks, do this career by other sims in my family but bug still occurs. Can someone check it or advice what to do? Please?

Message 5 of 5 (1,696 Views)