by GhostlyFire360

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Career Progress Blocked - Game does not recognize skill up

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I noticed the Bug first on 12/18 with the Actor Career from the Get Famous Expansion. I first noticed this on a Saved game and then have been testing it out on completely randomized and brand new game Sims. No Mods or CC. What happens is - After choosing the Actor Career, the Talent agency, and the First gig - which is the music player. I buy a guitar and start to practice and try to Guitar skill up to level 2+ The skill increases and reaches level two as expected, the bubble pops and it says that I skilled up over the Sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Bug is that the career progression tab where it shows the need to increase the guitar skill and the game scripting itself does NOT mark the guitar skill as having increased. Then the first gig the sim plays fails because the Guitar skill did not register as increasing.
What do you expect to see? The Skill increases. The Career progression acknowledges that the skill increased. The game acknowledges that the skill increased. And you actually start passing the Gigs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have done the following things in testing the bug and started fresh games each time without CC or Mods.

Followed the Forum steps to delete Cache files and the SIMS4 files relating to the Get Famous Expansion

1a. Reinstalled Get Famous expansion and repaired Game Files.

Retested and confirmed bug exists.

2. Uninstalled the game through Windows and then deleted remaining game files.

2a. Reinstalled the entire game through Origin. Updated Game

Retested and confirmed bug exists.

3. Logged in on another PC today 12/21 - Updated latest files through Origin. Retested - Confirmed Bug

Message 1 of 9 (2,440 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Career Progress Blocked - Game does not recognize skill up

Hero
Didn't have any issues with this but haven't tested since the newest patch.

I'll retest this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,386 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Career Progress Blocked - Game does not recognize skill up

Message 3 of 9 (2,357 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Career Progress Blocked - Game does not recognize skill u

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same issue with a sim in the stylist carreer, her skills increase but are not registered by the job. The only way I found to circumvent it is by closing the game and booting it up again every time she gains a skill level.

Message 4 of 9 (2,284 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Career Progress Blocked - Game does not recognize skill u

★★ Novice
Imma try that
Message 5 of 9 (2,248 Views)

★ Novice
I’m having the same problem did you find a solution?
Message 6 of 9 (2,166 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same. Solution ? 

Message 7 of 9 (1,911 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Chinegirl1996 For which career do you get the issue ?

There's a newer thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Style-Influencer-Skill-level-not-Properly-recogniz... but it seems to be a display issue mainly

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (1,903 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict actor, but it's not exactly the same problem. The skill increrase and it's note. But when i go on another tray, it's disapears...

Message 9 of 9 (1,879 Views)