by SynCode

Original Post

[OPEN] [GF] [CL] Insane amount of LOST followers

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, City Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on computer >> Social Networking >> Advertise >> Advertise Massive Sponsorship
What happens when the bug occurs? An excessive amount of followers are lost when advertising a massive sponsorship (way more than my sim currently has)
What do you expect to see? Follower loss should not exceed total follower count.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Anytime my sim advertises, they lose an excessive amount of followers, way more than they currently have. For example, my sim would have around 300 followers before advertising, then the following would happen:

wtfollowers.pngwtfollowers2.pngwtfollowers3.png

This happens with all 3 advertising options.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 13 (6,552 Views)

Re: Insane amount of LOST followers

Champion
That's normal for doing massive sponsorships.

By the time those options unlock, you should have access to the same level social media options, such as doing a livestream game session for 1 second and getting an instant 780,000 followers. Or broadcasting status from a venue and getting an instant 100,000 followers.

When you reach that high in the social media career, it should have pushed you to get over a million followers as part of the promotion requirements too.

It doesn't matter if you only had 300 followers before using the advertising option. It just gives a flat figure lost number of followers. It doesn't take into account that you only had 300.

But the point is, there are social media options with insane follower gain that should even things out in the bigger picture.
Message 2 of 13 (6,502 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I'm not in the social media career though, I was just wondering if such a massive follower loss was intended behavior, as I don't remember it being so drastic a few months ago.
Message 3 of 13 (6,494 Views)

Hero

I had that happen too.

I think there might be another report for it but I can't find it.

Did you have that many or was it more than you had in the first place ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (6,471 Views)

★★ Apprentice
No i didn't have nearly as many. I'd usually only have about 300-400 followers. Months ago, when I'd advertise i would never lose more followers than I currently had.
Message 5 of 13 (6,455 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I also notice that there's a difference between followers and fans.

wtfollowers4.png

Message 6 of 13 (6,446 Views)

Hero
Added this.

I tagged it as Get Famous as I had it in that pack but it's possibly also City Living ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (6,390 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Those are the only 2 EPs that I have currently, so I'm not sure if the issue is with one or the other or both.... or neither?
Message 8 of 13 (6,364 Views)

Social Media Followers Lost

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and game packs, Tiny House, Laundry Day, and My First Pet.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using the Social Media Career, promote a massive product.
What happens when the bug occurs? If the advertisement is not accepted by fans, which happens most of the time, the sim will lose hundreds of thousands of followers even though they only have a few thousand, setting them back to zero followers no matter what their fame is or how far along they are in the Social Media career.
What do you expect to see? The sim to lose followers realistic to their follower count, not 700,000 if they only have 6,000. Since the Social Media career was fixed to disallow massive follower gains, then massive follower losses should also be brought to proportion.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

N/A

Message 9 of 13 (5,640 Views)

Re: Social Media Followers Lost

Hero
@ryhg123 Merged your post with existing thread on this.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (5,601 Views)