Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] [CD] Stans stealing the bowls from the Pet Feeder

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put a "Petmate Programatic Pet Feeder" in a park and wait for a "Stan" to show up. I discovered the culprit purely by chance after wondering for quite awhile where those bowls were going. So, how exactly you can reproduce this is a bit of a mystery to me. I was watching because my bowls kept disappearing. It was the first thing I checked when my Sim got to the park. Pure chance that I saw it being stolen by a "Stan."
What happens when the bug occurs? The bowl disappears.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the bowl not be stolen by a "Stan" at a public park.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have been using the "Petmate Programatic Pet Feeder" in parks because they didn't seem to disappear like the regular bowls. Suddenly the bowls from the feeders were disappearing. Then I caught a "Stan" in the act of stealing them. I know they steal things from my Celebrity Sim's yard, but the park bowls?

Yes. I had an a Sim with the "Observant" trait introduce themselves to the stealing "Stan" to discover whether he was a kleptomaniac. He was not.

Why are "Stans" stealing from parks or any public lot. Shouldn't they restrict their larceny to their target's home?

Message 1 of 9 (2,453 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] [CD] Stans stealing the bowls from the Pet Feeder

Hero

Stans (“stalker fans”) and Kleptomaniac Sims no longer steal Pet food bowls or Cat litter. I have no words for this one. I have nothing.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

Just realized that we have a separate thread for this :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (1,653 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [GF] Stans stealing the bowls from the Pet Feeder at parks

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I wasn't fast enough to get him in the act, but here's a "Stan" right after he stole the bowl. This at the Lounge in Brindleton Bay.

Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 9.00.28 PM.jpg

Message 2 of 9 (2,379 Views)

Hero
Added.

Thanks for the pic.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (2,355 Views)

★ Pro

The park in OS.

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 10.01.24 PM.jpg

Message 4 of 9 (2,344 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pet food bowls disappear

★★★ Newbie

My sim has the fame quirk "a stan" and I have found out that the stan has been stealing the bowls (and a cat toilette)I used cheats to remove the quirk and hope that that will stop it

Message 5 of 9 (2,283 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pet food bowls disappear

Hero

Hi @NessikQueen 

there's a special thread for the stan issue.

Moved your post over to that thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (2,272 Views)

★ Guide

I'm also having this issue on PC, build # 1.66.139.1020 (the 9/3/2020 update). I have all expansions, all game packs (except Batuu), and most stuff packs (except knitting, laundry, tiny living, kitchen stuff, luxury party stuff).

Stans are stealing items from public lots. I've had it happen in a library in Britechester (twice, with two different Stans) as well as in Selvadorada.

In Britechester two books were stolen. In Selvadorada, one of the artifacts in the display case in the museum.

I expect Stans to try stealing from my celebrity's home lot only, not public lots - that's more than a bit odd, and too much like the NAP problem. Thankfully the items seem to be fairly small so far, though, so it hasn't broken anything.

Message 7 of 9 (1,764 Views)

Hero
@onemorekayaker And you check that the NAP is not active in the hood ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (1,756 Views)

Hero

Stans (“stalker fans”) and Kleptomaniac Sims no longer steal Pet food bowls or Cat litter. I have no words for this one. I have nothing.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

Just realized that we have a separate thread for this :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (1,654 Views)