by Jessycaz

Original Post

[OPEN] [GF] Actors misgendered

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, All Game Packs, Laundry Day, Toddler, Luxury Party, Bowling Night, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a male actor, go with him to act in something that has a romantic scene.
What happens when the bug occurs? Text bubbles about him say “her” and all the romantic scenes are performed with other male sims
What do you expect to see? I expect him to be called him, and I expect romantic scenes would only sometimes be gay.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I’m totally fine with my actor sim being consistently cast as gay, but I feel like this wasn’t on purpose. Also he gets called “she” in some of the moodlets (Born for This (From Self-Absorbed Trait)  Robert Brooks came into this world ready for the spotlight! Just watch her work and try not to get too jealous, please.)

He isn’t transgender. He has had two kids with his wife. He uses the men’s restroom. And he’s put into men’s clothes when getting into costumes for acting. But his romantic partners in acting are always guys.

Message 1 of 5 (1,699 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [GF] Actors misgendered

★★★ Novice

I haven't noticed the misgendered messages, but I have a girl sim who almost always has female costars.

I've noticed this in LPs on YouTube as well. I think James (The Sim Supply) even commented on how it seems like his female sim always has romance scenes with other female sims.

The homosexual representation is awesome but I definitely prefer variety. I hope there a way that they can adjust it to randomly generate equal amounts of both gender costars.

Message 2 of 5 (1,618 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I was playing a gay male actor who after some gigs only got male romantic partners and often female opponents. I found that very nice. I think the game tries to recognize your Sims' preference, but perhaps this doesn't always work.

Message 3 of 5 (1,602 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,574 Views)

★★ Guide

Update: same game, male sim got put in a romantic scene with a female sim, his moodlet still calls him “her” though

Message 5 of 5 (1,508 Views)