by ZetsusHotDog

Original Post

[NEEDS INFO] [GF] Actor Performance bar not fully raising

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to complete a performance in the actor career
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim finished all the tasks but still the major task of "complete the performance" hasn't been done according to the game and it hurt her rating...
What do you expect to see? The performance bar complete after finishing doing all the tasks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

this is what it looked like:
ללא שם.png

Message 1 of 13 (21,471 Views)

Re: Actor Performance Bug?

Hero

Hi @ShellySubara

have no issues with this.

Could you try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (21,422 Views)

★★ Novice

Facing the same issue while playing the actress career with my Sim. I already tried to reset my game files and the error still exists so I made a short video of it. This is after the reset in a new game, with a new sim. No Mods/CC are installed. As you can see at roundabout three minutes, completing the last task doesn't give any progress on the rating bar, which results in the rating not getting any higher than silver.

The game's german but I guess it's not a problem. I hope it'll be of help. Standard smile

Check the clip on YouTube

Message 3 of 13 (21,378 Views)

Hero
You choose risky though and it didn't look like she actually finished that but it failed. If it fails, it doesn't give you credit.

Does it happen all the time ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (21,374 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I agree it looks like I chose risky, but I did not. I tried it in an older save though but it doesn't change the problem. It happens all the time that the last action doesn't count for my progress.

Message 5 of 13 (21,363 Views)

Hero
Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (21,350 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

So, I tested that save and now I have a few questions @ShellySubara and @ZetsusHotDog

• Do you use both risky and safe interactions ? 
  • If so, how many of each ?
  • Do you do all the other tasks given as well ?
  • What level is your celebrity (both career and fame)

I think it's not a bug that it doesn't fully fill up if you use too many safe interactions. I was able to get it full on the safe with all risky ones. I don't know to what extend it should be counting how much so I'm tagging this as needs input for now to see how others are getting along with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (21,313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Good morning to everyone Standard smile

I used mostly risky interactions when I first started the career. Since my Sim was already on acting skill level 8 or 9 that worked completely fine. I only started to go more for the safe interactions when I wouldn't get gold anymore. Took me a while to figure out that it's always the last action that doesn't work, whether it's risky or not.

I'm playing every other task first until there's nothing more than telling the director that you're ready.

My celebrity is both max level on fame, the career and acting skills. I tried another save though, with a celebrity without any fame level, on career level 1 and acting skills level three or four I guess. (It's the one I used for the videoclip I posted earlier.)

Edit: I tried to go for all risky actions right now and if they all suceed I'm able to get a gold reward since they give more progress. If they suceed, that is. Seems like this could be some kind of a workaround because the last action on stage doesn't matter anymore.

Message 8 of 13 (21,281 Views)

Hero
I was able to get progress of one of the last actions on your save but if I only used save ones, I couldn't get it up.

Hope others can chime in and give us their experience as I'm unsure at this point

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (21,275 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Actor Performance bar not fully raising

Hero
Added this as needs input to see if there's a misunderstanding (I think you can't fully fill your bar if you don't use risky and you might even need to do all the task before going to work)

Could depend on your skill and more.

So .. Input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (21,242 Views)