by Iyasenu

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Able to Donate Public Items to Fan

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Night Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Have a Celebrity with the 'Giving Back' Positive Reputation Level 3 Fame Perk 2) Take a Vacation to Selvadorada and choose a rental lot that's in the same neighborhood as the local merchants and their crafts tables. 3) With your Rental Lot as the actively loaded lot, run over to where the crafts tables are and find one that isn't currently empty and not being tended (or buy out the table and distract the Vendor away from the table) 4) Click on the table and see that you have the option to donate the table to a fan for fame/reputation, even though you don't actually own it.
What happens when the bug occurs? You're able to donate the Selvadoradian Crafts Tables even though you aren't actually the owner of them.
What do you expect to see? Not being able to donate the tables, since they aren't yours to donate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I should note, this only works if you're loaded into the map via your own Rental Lot. The tables are properly considered not owned by you if you're currently loaded in via an unowned Rental Lot or a public venue like a Bar or Museum.

The tables do reappear if you travel away, so at least it doesn't break the market, but this can be used to infinitely donate the tables if you keep travelling to and from your rental lot.

Donate Public Craft Table

Here's a picture showing that while my Sim has his Rental Lot active, he has the option to donate the crafts table, despite the "Put In Inventory" option being grayed out to show that he doesn't own this object.

Message 1 of 8 (1,417 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [JA] [GF] Able to Donate Public Crafts Table to Fan

Hero
@Iyasenu Does the same happen at flea markets in city living or is this only happening with the JA tables ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,394 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I'm not sure, a Flea Market hasn't come up for me to test yet. Though I'd have to play as a family that owns a house in the same neighborhood that the Flea Market happens in, probably.

Also I wasn't testing other things in Selvadorada at the time of my first post, but my Celebrity can actually donate about anything inside the rental house as well, unless it's something like a table or counter that has an item slotted onto it, though in such cases I can usually donate whatever's on the surface anyways.

I was playing on the pre-made rental lot that has the Creepy Crawlies lot trait, and I could donate just about anything except the fireplace and some of the living chairs.

Which probably shouldn't be the case, as you're just renting the place.
Message 3 of 8 (1,376 Views)

Hero
@Iyasenu Probably. I take it Granite Falls is similar ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,359 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [JA] [GF] Able to Donate Public Crafts Table to Fan

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,345 Views)

Celebrities can donate items to fans which don't belong to them

★ Guide

What is your current game version number? 1.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion pack except Island Living and Discover University and every game pack except StrangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a celebrity with the "Giving Back" perk.
What happens when the bug occurs? The celebrity can go to parks, houses, even on vacation and he / she can donate items to his / her fans which don't belong to them.
What do you expect to see? Maybe it is by design, otherwise it should not be like this.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My celebrity sims can visit foreign lots (like other houses, bars, pools etc.) and they are able to donate items to fans which don't belong to them. The same thing is possible if you go on vacation to Granite Falls or Selvadorada, the celebrities can donate items from the houses, camping grounds, forests etc. to their fans despite the items do not belong to them.

Message 6 of 8 (1,302 Views)

Donate dorm items for fame.

★★★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I don't have: Pets, get together, Strangeville, Vampire, Moschino, First pet, Laundry, fitness, Bowling, vintage, backyard, romantic, Movie, spooky, luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You can donate anything in the university dorm. Things you don't own. For fame.
What happens when the bug occurs? You should not be able to donate things in the dorm you don't own. As you can't build in the dorm and replace them at all.
What do you expect to see? You should not be able to donate things in the dorm you don't own. As you can't build in the dorm and replace them at all.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

here is a screenshot. 

Message 7 of 8 (1,173 Views)

Re: Donate dorm items for fame.

Hero
@muppethero I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,142 Views)