by schnuck01

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GALLERY] Sorting incorrect

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check 'Popular Now ' in gallery , 5th or 6th row 'revision starter'
What happens when the bug occurs? My lot will not rank properly in the gallery. Lot with less downloads pass it by, it's almost as it is moving backwards.
What do you expect to see? My lot sorted/ranked properly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My lot, 'Revision Starter' will not move up in the gallery ranking 'popular now' although it continues to receive downloads.- Lots with LESS downloads are moving past it. 

Message 1 of 18 (1,382 Views)

Re: Gallery sorting/ranking problem - my lot only

★★ Guide

And now as you can see, the lot that came after my lot in the picture in my first post, has now moved past it although it has less downloads 

Message 2 of 18 (1,367 Views)

★★ Guide

AND now it's moved back a row -- Can I get some feedback on why this is happening?

Message 3 of 18 (1,341 Views)

★★ Guide
Still happening and I've gotten no reply - this issue has got a time limit since it's in popular now, so I'm bumping this.
Message 4 of 18 (1,323 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've merged your post with existing thread that I'm going to add (please always check the status given in the title of the first post).

Please also allow 24 hours before bumping a thread unless you have no info to add.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 18 (1,313 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict - I already noticed you merged it although the problems are completely different and as I said, time is a factor with my issue - not going to matter in a few days or be viewable to a tech person as it will no longer be there anyway.
Message 6 of 18 (1,301 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Think I merged with the wrong thread. There is one for sorting being off. Can't find it at the moment.

I will merge to the right one when I do.

EDIT: So I found several reports in different threads. One was yourself and the others are from before the gallery update. Not going to merge into those.

I will add this as Needs input to see how many others are experiencing issues with this still.

I still ask you to be patient generally. I had already forwarded this so please put a little faith in me and errors can happen. If you see me something do with something, you can be sure that it's been dealt with. If there's no answers, no changes, you can bump - after 24 hours.

Things can be crazy and I'm doing this on my own time and I'm not being compensated for it.  

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 18 (1,282 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [GALLERY] Sorting in Popular Now section incorrect

Champion
Maybe it’s not sorted just by the number of downloads and uses a more complex algorithm?

Such as the likes to downloads ratio. Some of the other lots have a high number of likes vs downloads. For example, your lot has a ratio of about 0.13 with 556 likes vs 4196 downloads. But the next most popular lot with 388 likes vs 2767 downloads has a ratio of 0.14, which is better.

Message 8 of 18 (1,256 Views)

★★ Guide

@simvasion -  Popular now is sorted by the number of downloads, You can clearly see this just by checking the 'pop now' section in the gallery- all of the lots follow very closely in numerical order, likes aren't a factor.  A Maxis Favorite can have thousands of likes, thousands more than the lots ahead of it in fact, but still not be higher ranked simply because other lots have more downloads, and I'm sure if that was the case, we would have received  a complex algorithm explanation long ago when posting about problems with gallery sync. (It's been an ongoing thing) .

And at any rate, My lot is still out of sort..

Message 9 of 18 (1,233 Views)

★★ Guide

My lot has now moved back a row (from 3rd row to 4th) when it should be in the first row. This is ridiculous.

Message 10 of 18 (1,215 Views)