by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Friezes going all funky

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to work, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampire, Spa Day, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try putting rooms or just closed halfwalls into a building with a more complex outside layout
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of staying on the outside of the building the friezes go all weird.
What do you expect to see? An option to tell the friezes where to go instead of them going all winky-wonky
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Long story short, I'm trying to make an Art Deco Nightclub, and when I began putting in bathroom stalls (cause the ones from university are too big for my taste) this happened:

funkyfrieze.jpg

Is this by design, because that can't be right.

I made a suggestion thread for updating the build mode because of these types of shenanigans. I just want to build my nightclub.

Message 1 of 6 (579 Views)

Re: Friezes going all funky

Hero
@MeltingPenguins Very bad at building but is this what you're seeing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Frieze-elements-inconsistent-on-diagonals/m-p/6737065 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (540 Views)

★ Guide

No, but I think it's related.

The friezes work fine until the game thinks another wall inside the building belongs to whatever they are put onto. In this case I had some additional walls to hide the diagonals (as they were meant purely decoratively (art deco et al) and then wanted to add some halfwalls for bathroom stalls (as shown) that cause the game to associate the 'room' created by the halfwalls as new room for the friezes to go on. which isn't what was intended.

Message 3 of 6 (519 Views)

Hero
@MeltingPenguins Found another: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Issues-placing-removing-Spandrels/m-p/8716030

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (507 Views)

★ Guide

Also not entirely what I'm experiencing.

Is there a way to give you the lot to try for yourself without uploading it to the gallery?

Message 5 of 6 (490 Views)

Hero
@MeltingPenguins You can save it to the library and upload the tray files to google or onedrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (465 Views)