Re: Child NPC visiting my home lot does homework and freezes actions

by Francl27

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

This has been going on for months for me too. Like, I just left the game running and went to make coffee, came back, it was 11am in game time, all my Sims were frozen, as soon as I paused the game I ended up getting the 'late for work and school' letters on my Sims.

One of the kids was doing homework at the kitchen table (it's one of the round ones, not sure if it matters).

Message 21 of 36 (803 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello there

I just wanted to add that my sim  children and teens are having the homework freeze problem, especially when speaking with other sims while doing it.

Message 22 of 36 (709 Views)

Game freezes when children do homework

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Children/Teens, let them do homework on their own
What happens when the bug occurs? When teens or children autonomously do their homework the game freezes up and all sims get locked. The only way to fix this is to find the child and reset them.
What do you expect to see? I expect sims to do their homework and not freeze the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have been having a lot of issues for months now with my game freezing and all sims just getting stuck and stop moving, it turns out it is from children toggling up when idle to do their homework.  This does not seem to happen when they are queued up by user to perform the task, only autonomous. I have visited other family lots and their child will start doing homework and my sims will freeze and their needs will just plummet while I can't do anything.

Message 23 of 36 (676 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Freezing during homework

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This is happening in my game now, and it’s also happening to university students. Sometimes resetting them doesn’t work. It happens so frequently the game is borderline unplayable. I’ve already tried repairing my game, resetting every sim in the household, deleting the homework and then re buying it. Nothing is working and I’m very frustrated. If there’s something I’m missing. That could help me I really would like to know please.

Edit: Just got a last exception file that is reading as "Unknown Error" but mentions University Homework a few times.

Message 24 of 36 (525 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Freezing during homework

★★★ Novice
@avieeshieldss Also, mine doesnt just happen when kids are doing homework autonomously, its literally happening all the time.But more so when kids do homework.
Message 25 of 36 (499 Views)

Automated actions about NPCs do not show up in queue

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Dine Out, Spa Day, Jungle Adventure, Realm Of Magic, Parenthood, Moschino Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just regularly play the game while other sims around (i am not 100% sure but it is quite probably about NPCs)
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim just freezes and does not do what i ordered them to do. My command is just waiting above the left-grey area (not in queue). Eventually i discovered there is an automated action that does not show up on the action queue between my sim and another sim. After resetting the other sim connected to the action (well... searching which NPC is involved is just painful), problem goes away. Happens %90 of the time.
What do you expect to see? Seeing those automated actions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It was happening before the latest patch. But i am not sure about which patch or event triggered it.

Message 26 of 36 (554 Views)

Re: Automated actions about NPCs do not show up in queue

Hero
@JuliaChang93 Is anyone doing homework on their own ?

Does it only happen on a particular save or do you also see it if you try a new save for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 36 (525 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Yes, everyone is doing their homework on their own. It happened on 2 of my save files which i've been using recently; but for testing purposes i also created a new save file and it happened again... :/
Message 28 of 36 (509 Views)

Hero
@JuliaChang93 There's a known freezing issue if Sim do homework and chat at the same time. If you cancel the Sims homework or press ESC does the game continue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 36 (507 Views)

Hero
@JuliaChang93 Wonder if this is in fact the same as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-time-stops-Game-Freeze-Probably-related-to/...

Is your save really big ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 36 (473 Views)