by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Freezing during homework

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait until Sims start autonomously to do homework.
What happens when the bug occurs? When they talk with other Sims while doing homework, all actions in the game freeze. To end this, going to build mode and back is the best solution.
What do you expect to see? No freezing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hi @crinrict - here is the template for the homework bug. Greetings Standard smile

Message 18 of 36 (4,736 Views)

[OPEN] Autonomous Homework/Extra credit freezes game

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi I just noticed that my game locked up when my teen Sim autonomously chose to do extra credit work. It's not a huge problem because it can be cancelled, and it doesn't effect child sims.

Message 1 of 36 (5,285 Views)

Re: Teen Sim locks game up by choosing to do extra credit work

Hero

As in crash or just freeze ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 36 (5,272 Views)

★★ Guide

everyone in the household freezes, the game keeps going - music still plays, trees sway etc but the little Sims lock up until I cancel the teens action.

Message 3 of 36 (5,265 Views)

Hero

I've added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 36 (5,259 Views)

★★ Guide

it does affect child Sims too, but from what I can tell it only locks up when other Sims want to interact with the child that's chosen to do extra credit work.

Example, child decides to do extra credit and all the other Sims around him freeze, I cancel his action and all the other Sims spring back into action. He then decides to have another go at the extra credit work but this time all the other Sims keep doing what they're doing, until mother Sim wants to hug him, then it all locks up again.

Message 5 of 36 (5,242 Views)

[OPEN] Autonomous Homework freezes game

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

If this has been reported already, sorry, I couldn't find a thread.

My child invited another child home from school. The guest started doing homework and everything froze. I could not ask her to leave and the parents never came home from work. I let it run for 4 or 5 Sim hours until my child was in the red on everything. I had to exit the game and I did not save changes. (I hate losing progress!) When I next opened the lot, the child left on her own, I was able to queue actions for my child, and the parents came home from work as scheduled.

I don't use any mods or CC. I have the holiday expansion, Spooky Stuff, and Go To Work.

Thanks,

-Jennifer.

Message 6 of 36 (5,216 Views)

Re: Child NPC visiting my home lot does homework and freezes actions

Hero

It's a known issue. I've been handling it with single threads: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Performance-Issues-Compiled-List-of-Threads/td-p/509... but I'll check if those can be merged together for this particular issue .. tomorrow .. after I got some sleep

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 36 (5,212 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Merged this with an existing thread 

Tagging @SimGuruNick and @IrishMadCat_EA for awareness

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 36 (5,194 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Jennifer4Sims Would you mind providing any lastException.txt files located in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 via PM. 

Thank you in advance.

Irishmadcat_EA

Message 9 of 36 (5,173 Views)