by alanmichael1

Original Post

[OPEN] Freestyle swimming produces puddles on ground below/above

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a pool on the second floor of a building. To better detect the bug, let the pool protude over the edge of the first floor so that it's partially "flying" above the ground outside. Now let a played Sim swim in the pool who has a high enough fitness skill to automatically swim freestyle.
What happens when the bug occurs? The swimming Sim causes a water puddle animation on the ground below the pool. The puddles follow him and disappear. This seems only to happen with freestyle, not with breaststroke or mermaid swimming as far as I can see (it's somewhat hard to test).
What do you expect to see? No puddles.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I never would have noticed this if I hadn't build a remake of a bizarre pool from TS3. Everyone who wants to test it can download my "Pool of Lunar Lakes" from the Gallery. The bug has already happened before yesterday's patch and was not fixed by it.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 17 (2,537 Views)

Re: Freestyle swimming puddle bug

Hero
@alanmichael1 Could you post a video of this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (2,519 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I wrote this too complicated :-)) It's quite easy: Freestyle swimming in a pool on the second floor causes an unwanted "water animation" on the ground of the first floor. I hope the attached photo shows what I mean.

Message 3 of 17 (2,504 Views)

Hero
@alanmichael1 Yeah, it's just easier to have a visual. I'm a bit swamped to test every issue atm.

The picture helps.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (2,488 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Freestyle swimming produces puddles on ground below

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I am having a similar issue, except my pool is in the basement.  The "splashing" is showing on the main floor, as depicted in the attached image.

Message 5 of 17 (2,454 Views)

Hero
@nucgeekke did you add any steam vents or bubbles ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (2,449 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Looks like the freestyle puddles that were designed for the ocean in Sulani appear always on ground level.

Message 7 of 17 (2,444 Views)

Swimming animation in basement pool shows in room above

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs owned.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a pool in the 1st level basement. Have your sim swim laps (freestyle).
What happens when the bug occurs? While swimming (laps - freestyle) the sim's water-surface animation is appearing off to the side in the basement. Also, the animation can be seen on the flooring of the rooms above the pool (on the first floor).
Edit: I have noted after reading the bug report merged into that both of my sims were fit - one I cannot check on the fitness level of (not my sim) but the other has fitness of 10.

What do you expect to see? The water surface animation in the pool only.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I have had pools in the basement before but have never noticed this before, so I assume it has begun with the most recent patch (Nov 2019).

Animation occurring with sim #1 - athletic, not sure of his fitness level but it appears very high: https://answers.ea.com/t5/video/gallerypage/user-id/23037280/video-id/xuODlzaTE6Rj8ZfXkbYoxmijXYNYDO...

Animation occurring with test sim - #2 - fitness level of 10: https://answers.ea.com/t5/video/gallerypage/user-id/23037280/video-id/BxeDJ0aTE6P2hhXxncq2T3u_nTOUOZ...

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 8 of 17 (2,428 Views)

ts4 problem

★★★★★ Novice

What is the white thing on the floor?this thing is moving and dissapear but after some time is here again.02-23-20_10-07-32 PM.png

Message 9 of 17 (2,448 Views)

Re: ts4 problem

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MirandaKosarin Is there a pool in the room below this room? The pool animation goes the across the floor of the room above it  - when someone is swimming the freestyle stroke especially. I began noticing it right after Discover University. 🏊‍♂️🏊‍♀️

This is a video I made of this in my game at that time: 🏊‍♂️🏊‍♀️🏊‍♂️
https://answers.ea.com/t5/video/gallerypage/user-id/23037280/video-id/JiODlzaTE6qk8xQxYvTQ8kidI5hfWJ...

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 10 of 17 (2,407 Views)