by Ar5ynal

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Freelancer: Progression doesn't count toward Renaissance Sim

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Spa Day, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with the Renaissance Sim aspiration join the Freelancer career. Have the sim reach the second tier of the freelance career.
What happens when the bug occurs? Even though the sim is technically at level 2 of the Freelancer career, the goal 'Reach level 3 in any career' still reads 1/3.
What do you expect to see? Once the sim reaches the second tier of the Freelancer career, the aspiration goal should change to 2/3, and then 3/3 at the next tier, which would allow the sim to complete that part of the aspiration.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not completely sure if this is a bug or by design, but progressing in the freelancer career doesn't count towards the goals for the Renaissance Sim Aspiration. I have a household with six sims, and two of them have the Renaissance Sim aspiration. Sim A is in the Culinary career, and Sim B is in the Freelancer career, as an artist. Sim A was able to complete the first set of goals for the Renaissance Sim aspiration by reaching level 3 of the Culinary career, and was able to move on to the next set. Sim B recently made it to the second freelancer tier, but the goal checklist still says 1/3 for the "Reach Level 3 of any career" goal, so she is stuck at that first set of goals. The screenshot attached shows the notification about Sim B moving up to the next tier, along with the aspiration checklist.

While I did give Sim B the Freelancer career after installing the most recent patch, I can't say for certain that this is patch related, because I don't have any other sims in any of my saves that have both the Renaissance Sim aspiration and the Freelancer career to know if it was something that was happening before I updated the game. However, I do know that all of my other sims with the Renaissance Sim aspiration who are not in the freelance career have been able to progress through the goals without a problem.

Also, just in case it's helpful, I cleared my cache and repaired my game a few days ago because of a different bug.

Message 1 of 3 (1,560 Views)

Re: Freelancer career progression doesn't count toward Renaissance Sim goals

Hero
@Ar5ynal I think it's along the same line as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-S-Freelancer-career-promotion-not-registering-for-NY/m-... and probably is by design as you don't have any real promotions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (1,534 Views)

Re: Freelancer career progression doesn't count toward Renaissance Sim goals

Hero

I just ran into this with the EL freelancer maker career.  Leveling up the career does not count towards the aspiration goal.  Initially signing up for the career give you 1/3 and it does not change after that.  Also had it happen with a Freelancer artist just like @Ar5ynal .  So I suspect none of the freelancer careers will register with the aspiration and they should.

Message 3 of 3 (1,372 Views)