Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Freelancer Artist: Unable to successfully edit & approve

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 151751220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All that is currently available + free holiday pack and the grim reaper guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give the sim freelancer artist branch and get a gig that has the task to get the work approved. When work gets rejected, edit it and send it in to be approved again.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can edit the work and send it in, but it always gets rejected. after 5 straight rejections, I gave up and just made a new painting.
What do you expect to see? I expect that the painting changes could be rejected 1-2 times but not forever and when edited something about it changes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. April 16 patch

Every time it happened the quality was normal and after it was edited it was still normal quality 

Additional comment:

- All sims I have tested with were highly skilled and the gigs were different levels.

- Once the sim made the exact same painting, but it was of excellent quality and got approved right away.

Message 1 of 13 (17,143 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Freelancer Artist: Unable to successfully edit & approve

EA Sims Team

Hello.

Regarding not being able to get a painting approved, I've been told that this is by design.

"It is by design that your client may never accept your painting, or that it could take quite a few revisions.  The main reason is to serve the fiction of being a freelancer and having difficult clients.  The quality of the painting heavily affects approval. A poor quality painting has a much higher chance to be rejected, even if you keep making edits."

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 10 of 13 (14,391 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Freelancer Artist: Unable to successfully edit & approve

★ Guide

Not sure if it's a big or intentional but it took my sim 8 attempts to edit a piece of art for a customer...my sim is level 7 in painting and the job was level 2.

Message 2 of 13 (17,047 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Same experience here. 

"Every time it happened the quality was normal and after it was edited it was still normal quality"

I expected the quality to improve with editing. Even at higher skill there was no change in quality.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 13 (17,043 Views)

★★ Guide
My sim was highly skilled and the gig was different levels and I know real life clients can be difficult, but 8 times?!
I don't need that amount of realness
Message 4 of 13 (17,030 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (16,901 Views)

★ Guide
My sim is at level 9 of the career and max painting. Usually I get 2-3 rejections, if I get them.

I just had 5 rejections in a row, started a new painting, that new painting got 7 rejections. I repaired game and deleted my cache, got an additional rejection, started a new painting and got one rejection and then approved.

That seems a bit excessive.
Message 6 of 13 (16,880 Views)

★★★ Novice

I noticed once the performance meter reaches max for the second and subsequent times, the glitch occurs and the performance meter is set back to the middle. I am then unable to complete the job, even though all tasks have been completed. Normally I then have to cancel with resulting performance loss.

Message 7 of 13 (16,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I've had that problem before with a lot of rejections on gigs at times, but I always was able to get approved EVENTUALLY in the end in each case (at least as of the last time I played a Freelancer), so I figured that the clients in question were VERY picky/perfectionist.

I think I've also noticed the Normal Quality thing too, though, so maybe there is something going on after all? Wondering

@Drezmu : Yikes. O_O

Message 8 of 13 (16,046 Views)

Hero
@Drezmu This sounds like the new promotion issue. Do you get any last exceptions ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (16,042 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

Regarding not being able to get a painting approved, I've been told that this is by design.

"It is by design that your client may never accept your painting, or that it could take quite a few revisions.  The main reason is to serve the fiction of being a freelancer and having difficult clients.  The quality of the painting heavily affects approval. A poor quality painting has a much higher chance to be rejected, even if you keep making edits."

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 13 (14,392 Views)