Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Foundation floor doesn't illuminate yellow if it was demolis

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Foundation floor doesn't illuminate yellow if it was demolished

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, Seasons, Parenthood, Vintage glamour and Bowling night stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place the foundation on the ground and hover the demolition tool (hammer icon from the toolbar) on the floor of the foundation.
What happens when the bug occurs? The foundation floor is not illuminated in yellow like the walls, fence and rounded floor of the foundation.
What do you expect to see? I want the floor of the foundation to be highlighted in yellow to inform that it will be removed just like other objects and elements of the building mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The same happens when I move the cursor over the room. Everything is illuminated in white (fence, walls, rounded floor of the foundation, etc.) only not the floor of the foundation.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/181850443@N06/48112978691/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/181850443@N06/48112978546/in/dateposted-public/ 

Message 1 of 4 (1,052 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Foundation floor doesn't illuminate yellow if it was demolis

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Kwarcdymny1 

There is a bug that you can not remove this but only in one case. When you reduced the size of this terrace. If you have not saved it, you can remove this error by going backward until the terrace was not there. However, if you save such a reduced terrace, you will never delete it.

If you can not remove the floor in a walled room, this is a new bug and must be tested. However, if you have been changed the area with the terrain tool before you had set this room there, it is normal.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (1,020 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrictKwarcdymny1 I noticed something similar when I was assisting someone else building yesterday. She could build the rooms okay, but as soon as she'd want to delete a part of the wall, the whole floor to the room would delete (it was never highlighted either of what would be deleted). We could undo what was done or rebuild but the same thing would happen again when the walls were deleted. It was quite frustrating.

Oh, and no packs/mods/cc involved, either. Brand new save, building from scratch in Newcrest.)
Message 3 of 4 (1,005 Views)

Hero
As this would normally go on the Buy/Build list, I forwarded this but not added to any list.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (986 Views)