by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] Foundation and walls disappear when placing certain lots

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a lot with a foundation from the gallery/with tray files
What happens when the bug occurs? Certain lots lose their foundation and walls when placed. All the furniture is there, but it's floating because the foundation is gone. The walls disappear, too, so it's just weird floating furniture with flooring straight on the grass.
What do you expect to see? The foundation and walls should stay when placed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug has remained for multiple patches now, but I don't remember exactly when it started happening. I haven't really seen any other threads about this issue so I'm wondering if it's just me?

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 9 (14,256 Views)

Re: Foundation and walls disappear when placing lot

Hero
@trashburry17 Could you post some examples of lots where this happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (14,211 Views)

★★ Novice

1. Hazy Lane by Meisiu (Tumblr, tray files)

hazy lane 1-min.PNG

hazy lane 2-min.PNG

This one is weird -- the foundation is gone, as I said, but it also added an extra ceiling + floor (which is slightly raised so it's only visible if you view it from the 2nd floor, walls up mode) outside that you can't delete. The brown flooring on the outside is also supposed to be inside the house.

2. Seaside House by AvelineYT (gallery)

seaside house 2-min.PNG

Notice how the flooring is right on the grass in the middle part of the house

3. Johnny Zest's Trailer by pictureamoebae (Tumblr, tray files)

johnny zest's trailer-min.PNG

This one also doesn't have a foundation and extended the house (the cement isn't supposed to go that far to the right)

I have tried placing all these lots furnished and unfurnished and am still running into the same problem.

Message 3 of 9 (14,197 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@trashburry17 So I tested the zest lot and the seaside house.

I could not find the other. Can you tell me which page it is on ? It doesn't seem to have a search function on that page.

2. Seaside house: Looks fine to me. No issues.
3. Zest Trailer: Looks very weird but that has a ton of cc. Did you download all the cc it uses ?

The seaside house could have some pack content that you don't known, leading to the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (14,158 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Meisiu's Hazy Lane: 

Before a certain patch (again, I can't remember which one) I was able to place all these lots without having to download all of the cc without a problem. And yes, I have packs missing, but that hasn't been a problem for me before?

(Removed the link, lets try to use official Sims sites or in game codes to find the house) - Atic 

Message 5 of 9 (14,142 Views)

Hero
@trashburry17 Seems it happens if you don't have the paint used on the foundation the one used for the hazy house is from Outdoor Retreat, the Seaside house from Get Together and the last one a cc one.

I do agree that it should be replaced with something else and not remove the foundation.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (14,114 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes this is the same problem I am facing! I also expect that the items will be replaced with something else and not removed (even the foundation). Can this be fixed?

Message 7 of 9 (12,550 Views)

★ Guide

I've experienced this too. I think I remember turning moveobjects on and then re-placing the lot from the gallery sometimes made it load better, but I might be misremembering that. It's definitely happened to me a bunch of times though. 

Message 8 of 9 (12,547 Views)

Betreff: [OPEN] Foundation and walls disappear when placing certain lots

★★★ Apprentice
@trashburry17 Did you solve the problem? I have the same issue, too.
Message 9 of 9 (11,791 Views)