by aintnochiken

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Focused Sims can't Convert Bonsai to Decorative

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put a sim in the focused emotion and click a high quality bonsai bush in the garden.
What happens when the bug occurs? If a sim is Focused they lose the option on a Bonsai Bush to Convert to Decorative. Doesn't matter if it's a level 10 gardener and a perfect quality bush - the Convert to Decorative option on the radial menu is missing.
What do you expect to see? There should be a Convert to Decorative option on the radial menu when you click the Bonsai Bush of high enough quality.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This save (legacy family well into 3rd generation) was begun after a cache delete & repair game to get it back to factory settings, so it has never been played with CC/Mods though there were previously some (minor) CC items in my install.

I can replicate the issue 100% of the time. 

It seems to be the focused emotion, rather than a particular moodlet.  Sim 1 was affected by a focusing aura painting (mathematical diagram, ambience 4), sim 2 used a citrus soak (no other moodlet), sim 3 was affected by pondering chess moves.  All three sims were level 10 gardeners, one is an Adult-Vamp, 1 is Adult, 1 is a Teen. The moment they are an emotion other than focused (tested with Happy, Flirty, & Inspired) the option to Convert to Decorative was available in their menu. 

If they had the option queued prior to becoming focused, they will stop & wave their arms that they cannot do what is in their queue.

The Bonsai Bush is "In Season" (looks like it's an all year round plant), & I've tried with both Excellent & Perfect evolutions.

I've had the option missing before but couldn't work out the reason, so I'm not sure if this is a before or after seasons-garden patch issue.

It seems rather contrary to only lose the option when Focused, considering that's the optimal emotion for gardening, so I figure it's a bug rather than a feature.

Message 1 of 9 (2,095 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Focused Sims can't Convert Bonsai to Decorative

★★★★ Novice
I successfully replicated this, but it was the combination of the focused moodlet and a level 10 gardening skill. I had a sim with a focused moodlet and level 5 gardening skill still able to convert to decorative
Message 2 of 9 (1,934 Views)

★ Guide

In two saves so far, none of my level 10 gardeners can convert bonsai. One save, the option just didn't come up for the lvl 10 gardeners at all, even though the bonsai were magnificent quality.

In the other, I have two excellent bonsai so far, and the option did not appear while Focused. It did appear while my lvl 10 gardener was happy, but she kept dumping the action from her queue and has thus far not been able to complete it.

Message 3 of 9 (1,852 Views)

Hero
added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,825 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Game Version: 1.46.18.1020 Playing on PC Windows 7

Level 10 gardener with excellent quality Bonsai bushes. When focused the option to convert the bushes to decorative is not there. Any other mood and she can convert them to decorative without a problem.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 5 of 9 (1,776 Views)

★★ Novice

This is still an issue.

Message 6 of 9 (1,531 Views)

Bonsai bud - grown evolved plant missing option "Convert to Decorative"

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ...
What happens when the bug occurs? ...
What do you expect to see? ...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Bonsai Buds don't have the option ``Convert to Decorative`` after growing.

I tried it all, and also saw this is an old issue...

Any chance you could fix this?

Personally, I never saw the option in the game, only in other players screenshots.

PS The bonsai bud description after researching the grown plant says clear that it should be convertible into decorative

(also tried it with all qualities, doesn't work)

I am attaching someone else's pic with the option existing tho

Message 7 of 9 (1,022 Views)

Re: Bonsai bud - grown evolved plant missing option "Convert to Decorative&

Hero
@LuluTheCuteSim Is this for every mood for you ? There's a known issue if the Sim is focused

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (988 Views)

Re: Bonsai bud - grown evolved plant missing option "Convert to Decorative&

Hero
@LuluTheCuteSim Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (928 Views)