by BryonyRae

Original Post

[OPEN] Floating Objects in Worlds

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? List of objects that float in the game. See details under "when bug occurs"
What happens when the bug occurs? 1) Floating mail box in Del Sol Valley by Orchid A Go Go 2) Floating ground lights in Chateau Peak driveway just off lot (oval area) in Del Sol Valley
What do you expect to see? No floating world objects
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

01-03-19_12-23-29 AM.png

01-03-19_12-23-39 AM.png

Example 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 7 (1,995 Views)

Re: Floating Mail Box Del Sol Valley

Hero (Retired)

@SproutLee I see this in my game as well - will add to our list.

Message 2 of 7 (1,916 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Floating Mail Box Del Sol Valley

★★★ Guide

05-20-19_5-40-28 PM.png

I also noticed some floating lights in the Pinnacles

Message 3 of 7 (1,839 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

I see those as well, @SproutLee.  I think it might make sense to use this thread as the "floating objects" list.  If there are other floating objects reports out there, I'll merge them into this one and then edit that first post to note them.

Message 4 of 7 (1,796 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same problem but it's in Windenburg and San Myshuno. I didn't check the other worlds yet. I moved all mods/CC and saves out to my desktop, deleted any cache files before reinstalling the game to check if it still happens and it does.

Aside from this, the fences in the Old Town District in Windenburg are missing and for some reason the terrain cliffs/walls (?) are glitching too.

Message 5 of 7 (1,552 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Floating Objects in Worlds

★★ Pro

So.. uhh. This is somewhere above the sea in San Myshuno, only able to take a good look at it in tab camera mode. I've also seen some world object shrubs float in the sky in Brindleton bay.

10-11-21_10-35-02 PM.png

Oh cool I found the Brindleton bay screenshots too:

01-30-21_11-20-53 PM.png

Message 6 of 7 (1,186 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Floating Objects in Worlds

[ Edited ]
Hero

@siirysiir Looks like a different issue . This thread is for objects being like that even in new games. The items are placed floating. There are several threads for what you're seeing and it's unclear what's causing that but it's not something you will see on a new save. Objects aren't really floating, they are flying.

This looks more like your issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Flying-food-stalls-in-San-Myshuno/m-p/10744213

There's other threads.

Brindleton Bay New Game

10-12-21_11-14-41 AM.png

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (1,161 Views)