Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] Flirty Child from listening to music track

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a child listen to music made on the media station and they will sometimes randomly become flirty
What happens when the bug occurs? The child becomes flirty. The last time I noticed it, I also noticed that their portrait was glitchy and when they stood up and interacted with their sister, who was also a child their body became a bit stretched and they floated a bit above the ground.
What do you expect to see? Children not to get flirty after listening to track music made on the media station
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It's happened since Get Famous, but I'm not sure if it was before or after the December patch.

The first picture shows the message I saw.

This screenshot is captured from video footage and shows how the picture in the portrait is glitched (which you can't see in the first shot because I showed the message) and how the child is floating above the ground and also seems stretched out.

I have had sim children been flirty from listening to music before since Get Famous has come out, but I've not paid close enough attention to see if the child did the floating/stretching or if there was an issue with the portrait area.  I'll keep an eye out if it happens again now that I've seen it here. Regardless, I wouldn't think children should be flirty so it may be leading to the glitches. Also, while I have used MCC in the past, I've not had it since before Get Famous and I just installed this on a new computer today which essentially resulted in a 'factory reset' (I copied the actual game files over so I didn't have to download them again but opened it up fresh and then added my saves and tray to the newly created Sims 4 files under Electronic Arts). 

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 1 of 7 (1,095 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Flirty Child from listening to music track

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hey @MapleSimmer

Weird stuff!

Well, to be honest I would not recommend to copy game files directly. So, can you please repair  the game in Origin and see if you encounter this issue again?

Do you have any save file that you can share with us where this issue is occurring?

Thanks for your report! :D

Message 2 of 7 (1,010 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@SimGuruIcarus I had already noticed a sim child being flirty from a music track before I transferred my game to a new computer, I just hadn’t gotten any screenshots or paid attention as to whether the stretching happened. I also repaired my game before I went into my game the first time after I installed it on my computer by transferring it the way I did; I have very slow internet and it would have taken forever to install by downloading it again (we probably average about an hour a gig, though it can take more or less time). I wIll repair it again, but I’ve barely played since I installed and repaired it the first time. Can I ask why it’s not recommended to install from game files when transferring to a new computer? I know I’m not alone in having very slow internet which makes downloading the game and all the packs again take a very long time. 

Would you still like my save? If so, should I attach the zipped save in a separate response or send it some other way?

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer

Message 3 of 7 (996 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @MapleSimmer

Data can sometime corrupt when doing direct transfer to a external HD and then to a new computer. However, if you repaired the game, that should be enough. 

Here you can find how to send us files. 

You can send us the link in this thread Standard smile

Thanks for your report! 

Message 4 of 7 (976 Views)

Hero
Added this to the list for now. Maybe others can see this too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (960 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@SimGuruIcarus Here's a link to my save.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qgKdwWjYxKK7IZq1xbjX_dfQrYDZVRrL/view?usp=sharing

You may also notice that there is a 3 level celebrity that has the celebrity walk style  (that I can't turn off since she's not supposed to get it until level 4 Standard smile

Also, thanks very much for the explanation re the recommendation on installing directly vs from transferred game files.  I'm glad to hear that repairing should be enough.

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer

Message 6 of 7 (939 Views)

Flirty Child Sim Glitch

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Once your adult sim's released track starts to play on the radio, you'll see what's happening.
What happens when the bug occurs? Child Sim's emotions set to "flirty" once they react to their relatives' (or whoever releases it) music that's playing on the radio.
What do you expect to see? No more creepy flirty children.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest update.

Each day I'm discovering new bugs, and today I've discovered this thing. Do you have any ideas about why is this happening?

Message 7 of 7 (613 Views)