Re: Fishing Aspiration doesn't count fishing time

by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

Hero
After some testing it seems that this could potentially be an issue of the Sim being resurrected.

Moving back to bugs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 25 (996 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

Fishing multiple hours with my Alien Sim the game only showed one of ten hours towards the Angler Ace aspiration goal.
By chance I started a new save with another "human" Sim for another reason. She was able to complete this stage of the same aspiration without any issues.
Could this issue be attributed to occult Sims?

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

LE posted here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-LE-for-Family-Angler-Athetic-Aspiration/m-p/8670767#M1209...

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 12 of 25 (951 Views)

Hero
@EuphorialQueen Could be. The report so far have been for ghosts/resurrected Sims.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 25 (935 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I have the problem with a normal Sim. After he became a student, no task at all is counting for the fishing aspiration.

EDIT: I changed to the gardening aspiration with the same Sim and that works.

Message 14 of 25 (862 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I tested this further and no "legal" action keeps the fishing aspiration going once it's frozen - not ending university, moving to a new world, proceeding in a different aspiration etc.

The only way is cheating to level 2. Activate testingcheats on, then type:

aspirations.complete_current_milestone

After that, you can again fulfil the tasks.

Message 15 of 25 (826 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same issue with a normal sim, she never died, she's not a spellcaster,... she's just a woman-sim and a mother. That one is the only aspiration she has stuck at 6/10 so far. She can't count mounting or bowling fishes either.

This didn't happen in the past, when she was able to achieve level 6. Something strange happened to her while some add-on or patch. Unfortunately, I don't know which one.

Message 16 of 25 (769 Views)

Hero
@psusenas Are you getting any LastExceptions with that ? YOu can find them in your doc folder.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 25 (750 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Fishing Aspiration doesn't count fishing time

★★★ Apprentice

Some of my (non-occult) Sims have the same problem with fishing, but with other time counters in aspirations too: working out and teaching music. It's impossible for some Sims to complete these aspirations. Because my style of gameplay is to make all my Sims ultimate (with all aspirations completed) I switch a lot between them and I think this causes this. It seems to occur when they already fished / worked out  /  teached music for some amount of time, before the counter in the aspiration gets activated.

Message 18 of 25 (734 Views)

Hero
@Marieke020 There's this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-LE-for-Family-Aspiration/td-p/7958790/

That's why I'm asking if you guys any LEs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 25 (719 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I don't know what "LE" is. I read the post and tried to figure it out, but I still don't get it. It seems to be about a mod? The only mod I use or ever used is the one that fixes the Eco pack issues.

Message 20 of 25 (711 Views)