Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Fatigue Debuff doesn't go away for Low Fitness Sims

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.15
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kids Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a low fitness skill sim workout.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim will get the fatigued debuff but it has arrows indicating it's ongoing and doesn't have a timer. Even after taking a bath or resting the debuff remains as ongoing.
What do you expect to see? The fatigued debuff being removed with the bath or rest and have a countdown.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This happens only with low fitness skill sims, they get the fatigued debuff that has no timer, seems to be ongoing (red arrows pointing upwards) and doesn't clear with rest or bathing. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 16 (10,492 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Fatigue Debuff doesn't go away for Low Fitness Sims

Hero

Excessive jogging can be bad for you but for your Sims it shouldn’t mean they are stuck with Pulled Muscle and Fatigued uncomfortable buffs forever. The buffs will now expire over time…maybe next time stick to just a walk for once

Fixed in Patch 1.98.127/1.76

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (1,531 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Fatigue Debuff doesn't go away for Low Fitness Sims

Hero (Retired)

Hi @PoptartJuniper - I did a small test with a sim at fitness level 2, but was unable to replicate your issue. I am playing on PC, base game with RG & freebie addons no cc or mods, never used.

My sim got the fatigued moodlet, but it had a timer (also added a sore muscles moodlet when I had her sleep for a time). The timer counted down properly and reduced with sleeping and bathing.

Spoiler
Sims 4 low fitness level 2.pngSims 4 low fitness good workout.pngSims 4 low fitness fatigued.pngSims 4 low fitness countdown sleep.pngSims 4 low fitness countdown bath.png

In your screenshot, the moodlet looks like the sim is doing some sort of physical activity that is still increasing the fatigue, although in your screenshot there doesn't appear to be any activity going on. Is there anything (club activity?) going on that the game might be stuck thinking your sim is doing? I don't know if doing laundry counts as a physical activity, I don't have any of the addon packs that you have.

What are your sim's traits and age group? Is he a lazy sim? Was the sim energized or very energized when exercising? Which type of exercise was he doing - cardio / treadmill / punching bag /weight machine / jogging, etc? What did the sim do after the exercise (any eating / cleanup / gardening?) Is there anything that you think it might be related to, or any other weird things going on in the household, like maybe weather related bugs or something? Just trying to narrow down anything that could cause the game to think he's doing something physical.

Also, does repairing the game make a difference? 

Message 2 of 16 (10,391 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I don't have the addon that adds clubs so no. This sim was a teen, and just did some jogging the evening prior. Probably a jog to clear mind as he was still a teen. He's not lazy and I don't believe he was energized. He didn't get the sore muscles debuff just the fatigued debuff.

I've had it happen on other sims but I don't always think to grab screenshots as it's a lot of file transfering from the PS4 to report issues.

I do usually have my sims take a shower or view energized work before working out though so I am unsure about the energy level. I don't think jogging to clear mind is affected by energized (there's nothing on selection when the teen is energized) so I don't typically get them energized first.

So the screen was taken in the morning after he had rested all night and took a bath and the buff is still increasing.

Message 3 of 16 (10,385 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Thanks for the additional information. I was using a teen, but had her work out on the treadmill and weight machine. I'll try to test using jogging to clear mind; maybe that particular physical activity is bugged in some way.  It will probably be tomorrow before I can do any more testing, tho. *

In the meantime, maybe recycling your PS4 could help? (I don't know anything about PS4's in particular, I'm sorry - but if there is a choice to repair game on a PS4, I would try that) 

*edit: Unable to duplicate with jogging, or other workouts. I can't get the fatigued moodlet with jogging at all, only with running on the treadmill. I don't have Parenthood, so unfortunately can't test anything related to that pack. I will report back if I find a way to replicate. Hopefully someone with Parenthood pack can be of more help.

Message 4 of 16 (10,378 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 16 (10,316 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi, 

It doesn't look like this got solved last time. But I had the same trouble with a teen sim on Sim 4 Mac. I had made the sim work out for about 6-7 hours... I had another teen the exam same job (brothers) and his fatigue went away as expected. 

On the effected teen the fatigue and uncomfortable reader did not resolve and continued for about 3 days - despite sleep, rest and letting the sim do whatever he wanted. 

Eventually I got rid of it by taking him to the park. It seemed the change of location was enough. I couldn't get him to 'jog to clear his mind' because he was 'too uncomfortable' from the fatigue/muscle sore. 

If anyone else facing this issue. I hope this helps. 

I do have Parenthood pack if that is relevant.

Message 6 of 16 (10,090 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Fatigue Debuff doesn't go away for Low Fitness Sims

★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem, but on PC. I noticed it after the latest patch (12th December 2019). There was no timer on the debuff, the arrows were just pointing upwards. I exited to main menu and started the game again and the debuff was gone, so I guess that temporarily solves the problem (at least for me it did).

Message 7 of 16 (9,948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@PoptartJuniperI got the same issue just now. My children sims grew up to teens. I let them work out at gym for athletic aspiration. They were ok at gym. The next day, they started jogging for 2 hrs milestone. But I was curious that jogging to clear mind may countable on this milestone but it didn't work. So I changed back to jog(push the limit) instead. Since that time, the fatigue moodlet with sore muscle never go away. I've done everything I could do. Even I have them drink moodlet solver but didn't work either. There's no timer on moodlet. I installed UI cheat mod, and tried to delete them but didn't work either. I activated parenthood pack recently.

Message 8 of 16 (8,397 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

i am currently experiencing this same issue as well. my two teenage sims are low fitness skill, and i sent them both for a regular jog, and then later a jog to clear mind. both times, the muscle soreness and fatigued moodlets showed up and constantly had the ^^ arrows on the moodlet indicating that it was ongoing. i tried removing the moodlets with multiple cheats and mods, but it was impossible to remove them unless i quit the game and came back, which is frustrating to say the least. taking them to a different location made no difference, the moodlet continued acting as if it was increasing.

Message 9 of 16 (6,926 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am also having this problem

Message 10 of 16 (6,698 Views)